“Very nice.”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Runaway Bay
Toronto, Canada
“Very nice.”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Very nice resort. No a/c in dinning areas makes for some uncomfortable dinners, but overall a nice experience. Stay away from the Garden Cafe (not very good). Don Pablo restaurant is excellent.The pillows on the beds are not good, but still worth going to this hotel.

Room Tip: Have your lunches at the jerk chicken hut...be advised that there is no air conditioning in the dinn...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ross M
Customer Servic... B, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear guest,

We are very happy to know that we provided you a delightful stay and you enjoyed our services , especially our Gourmet Don Pablo Restaurant.

Thank you so much for your suggestions and we hope to see you soon.

Yours faithfully,

Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,086)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
ontario canada
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The resort was awesome the food was awesome and the people or so nice and friendly I literally spent hours talking to the security and resort workers while I was drunk lol and they were more than willing to talk you didnt get the sense they didn't want you there especially dwayne burton one of the security guards there one of the most amazing most sincere nicest person to talk to cant wait to go back to visit him and the others I met there

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank colleenscanlan
Customer Servic... B, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica, responded to this review, 10 May 2014
Dear guest

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our hotel.
On behalf of the entire team at Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica again we appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Jamaica.

Vail, Colorado
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I would like to start off with I never write reviews, never! However, after staying at this resort I knew I would write a review. Let me start with, at the airport DO NOT exchange your money for Jamaica money. Basically, not knowing, I turned in $200 in American money and got back $170 in Jamaica money. That was the only negative of the trip. Everywhere takes American money, actually, everything is priced in American money, keepy your American dollors. The hotel is about an hour by bus and goes by quick. Once you arrive, to paradise, the adventure begins. My friend and I were looking for a relazing vacation and did we find it. We checked in, our room was huge and our air conditioner worked fine. We made it in time to go to the buffet for dinner, and the food to my surprise was excellent. I've done all inclusive before and it feels usually the venue cuts corners with the food. Our we met our waiter, Andre, the first night and would sit in his section our remaining nights at the buffet. I would suggest developing that relationship with one server. Everynight when we would arrive he would remember our drink orders and have them waiting. Excellent service! I'm in Food and Beverage, so I can be a little more judmental than the normal person, and this is some of the best service I have ever received. The next day was a pool and pool bar kind of day for us. As we were laying out a man came over and gave us a fresh coconut. So cool! Lunch at the grill was great! Again, wonderful service. Dinner again at the buffet and this time we had the energy to go check out the nightclub, sports bar and karoke bar. ALL FUN! The entertainment staff does a great job. The next day we ventured out to explore the property beaches, where we spend the next 3 days lounging on the beautiful white sand beaches. And the ocean water is WARM! Somewhere along the trip we both hit complete relaxation and happiness. Part of our package, we got to have 2 meals at the sit down service venues. Again, amazing food and service! I should also mention we went to the spa two days. This was the only place where the price shocked me. Be prepared to pay $100 for a 50 minute massage, but hey, it's vacation, right. The hotel also, has it's own tourist shops, so no need to even leave the hotel for gifts. Although, I'm sure some souviners could be found cheaper off property. Bottom line-this was the best vacation I've ever had! I have never gone to a place twice, I like to travel and have new opportunity but for the price, service, amazing food, warm ocean water, white sand beaches, nightlife, large hotel room, etc. I see myself going back very soon. 5 stars! 2 thumbs up! Absolutly, loved the Grand Bahia, and the staff. I'll end with this, Can't Wait To Go Back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Jillian S
Dear Guest,

We greatly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to see that we have achieved this time with you. We look forward to welcome you back to our Resort.

Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 May 2014

April 2014 30 of us went to gran Bahia Jamaica for a wedding. The resort is big and a lot of walking but a wonderful place. Lots of chairs around the pool and at the beach. The food is excellent and jerk chicken shack is fantastic. Staff were friendly and helpful. We were checked in on the bus with a package with our room keys which saved a lot of time when we arrived because it was 10 at night and kids were tired from traveling since noon. Rooms were big, and clean, I had 2double beds, couch, table and chairs, large balcony with table and chairs, large bathroom had shower, jet tub, sink and vanity and toilet all separate. I was 18517 golden club, great view of ocean, only thing was air conditioning worked off and on, but didn't spend a lot of time in our room, a lot of people in our group had problem with the air con and the night of the wedding dinner there was none at the restaurant, very hot!
The wedding co ordination was great, a few little mix ups. The only thing major was she had booked the gazebo for her reception and they double booked so she was the one for some reason who didn't get it even though it was booked a year in advance, they gave her the karaoke bar, the only good thing I can say about that was it had air con. Not romantic at all, no wedding decorations, they did their dance, garter, bouquet toss and we left. She got some of her money back which was good. We went and sent off 20 Chinese lanterns, that was beautiful!
All the kids young and old loved the snorkeling by the beach, we also went on some excursions.
Dolphin cove for the kids, loved it and Bob Marley tour for the adults, loved it but had to have a nap when I got back to resort, lol
My brother had 14202 and he overlooked lush gardens, it was also beautiful, he had great air con all week, had some ants in sink but that was taken care of with bug spray,
For some reason my toilet backed up while we were out, thank goodness it didn't overflow, I called and they said they would send someone up, I fell asleep waiting but when I called at 6am when I got up, they sent someone right away.
Went to spa and had a deep tissue massage, fantastic!
Overall a great place and would go back again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear guest,

First of all hope you had a nice trip back home and we are very grateful that you took the time to share your experience with us. Our guest’s feedback always helps us to improve our service. We hope you could give us the chance to host you again in the near future.

Runaway Bay
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I would recommend this hotel for a family or couple's holiday. My only complaint is that we should not be charged for a safe in our bedroom. Also the grill restaurant was not great; not authentic enough and closed too early.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Vivienne W
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for your kind suggestions and recommendations regarding our performance and safe box service that can help us to be better and reach our main goal, our guest’s satisfaction.

In the name of our General Manager and staff , we would like to thank you for vacationing with us at the Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort and we hope to see you very soon in our property.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

At firs the checking was long but that was due to the amount of people checking in and out. Once that was over it was blast service, food..one might expect some level of inconsistency with such a large resort but that's not the case. It was a great Easter weekend...already looking at next year...

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Farookh C
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed their holidays. We sincerely hope to see you again very soon.

Yours faithfully,

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

You need to go there to experience the warm and beautiful reception and service that comes with the this great Resort. We was treated great by the entire staff. Baths robes and slipper awaits you with air condition rooms.Balcony view of the ocean..

Room Tip: 23401-23419 Great view of the ocean.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

We are very proud to learn that you experience with grand Bahia here in Jamaica has been one of the best vacations and you enjoyed yours stay.

Thank you so much again for choosing Bahia Principe as your holiday Resort and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runaway Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
Sunscape Splash Montego Bay
#18 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.0 of 5 bubbles 6,372 reviews

Been to Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica? Share your experiences!