We stayed at the resort from June 5 to June 12 2014.
The resort and the rooms are clean, the grounds are beautiful and very well maintained.
The food is good, and everyone should be able to find something to eat as there is enough variety available.
The transfer from the airport to the resort was interesting, as our bus driver was stopping on 2 different
shakes to pick up “smokes”, so be prepared to encounter offerings of “special tobacco” to you.
Our check in was confusing, as we were standing around for sometime to get someone to take us to our room. Our room maid Tanja (?) was wonderful and had every day creations of folded up towels.
We found that the service needs improvement compared to other Bahia resorts we stayed at, we ordered drinks and waited up to 45 minutes to get them, by that time we got the drinks our self.
The first day they had run out of towels for the pool, the told us that we had to wait 15 minutes to get new towels, we waited, then it was 30 minutes, we waited, then it was 1 hour.....we went to the reception, however the girl who makes the reservations for the a la carte restaurants helped us and got us 2 towels within 5 minutes. Thanks again!
Some of the workers at the reception desk need better knowledge of what is where located at the resort, or answer simple questions, you can ask 3 different workers and get 3 different answers.
The jerk chicken at the snack bar down by the beach tastes delicious. However we encountered several times that when the resort has a function (wedding etc.) going on they round up all the tables and it is very uncomfortable to eat, if you are constantly watched when you are finished eating so they can take your table away.
Nightly shows are entertaining and we liked the fact that they are outdoors, it is much better than to be cramped into a hot room to watch, as in some resorts.
The water at the pool where all the entertaining is happening, should be exchanged or better filtered because it has a milky look to it, than in the other pools. I saw a lot of people spill their drinks in the water.
We had no trouble getting reservations for the a la carte restaurants, we went to Don Pablo, Mikado and the Mediterranean Restaurant and the food was delicious at all 3.
This was our experience at the Bahia Principe Jamaica, we think it is a good resort, you have to lower your expectations though. I would recommend this resort with some reservations on our experience and impressions we got to others. Will we be back at this Bahia in Jamaica ? No
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com and TravelUp so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean