I stayed at Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica during the period June 8th to June 15th 2014. We were there for a wedding. Despite reviews from other people I found that the Rooms were in very good condition, and the A/C worked fine (Tip - if the patio door is not closed properly the A/C will not turn on). The housekeeping staff came everyday to clean our rooms and provide new towels, they even made little animal pattern on the beds. The mini fridge was also topped up daily with beer, soft drinks and water and I find that tipping housekeeping on the first day goes a long way). A safe is available for rent to the tune of approx $6.00 US per night and internet is also available for purchase but can only be used on one device at a time, other that that you are allowed 1hr per day of free internet in the lobby only. If you get lower floors (Floors 1, 2 and maybe 3) beware of the mosquitoes! If you can help it do not open the patio doors on the lower floors at all. We also did not have any issues with obtaining towels from the towel huts. I found it difficult to get pool chairs during the day as most were occupied with people's belongings, so I guess you have to get there early. The buffet has a wide variety of food and deserts each day so you will definitely find something you like. Please make reservations for the A la Carte restaurants about 2 weeks prior to arriving because it gets booked up fast (send email to: email@example.com).
We had dinner at Mikado Japanese restaurant and was treated to a entertaining show from Chef Natalie and their deep fried ice-cream was the best. My favorite restaurant was Dolce Vita where the food was delicious. The Jerk Hut was my favorite for lunch (great Jerk pork and chicken) but beware of the brown/black colored hot sauce! If your are allergic to bee stings then you would want to stay away from the Jerk Hut as there are many bees buzzing around especially at the soda dispenser. The plaza has lovely souvenirs shops, bar, disco, pharmacy, grill hut, karaoke bar and an entertainment area for nightly shows. Over all we had a wonderful time at the Resort and was sad too leave but would definitely return to this Resort in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean