We stayed at the Grand Bahia on March 30-April 6. We are returning visitors to Jamaica, we love the culture and the people are great, We have some friends that live here and do spend time off the resort. We came to Jamaica the same time last year and stayted at the Riu Ocho Rios.... The Bahia has enchanting breathtaking grounds but thats about it. We went this year with a party of 8 one 3 yr old one 6 yr old and the rest of us in their 20's.
Rooms - The rooms are gorgeous big beatiful beds, nice large bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs. THE MOSQUITOS ARE HORRIBLE......My 6 yr old is covered head to toe in bites as is myself. I called the reception and informed them of the problem.. 'RESULT" they gave me bug spray - - - It didnt work at allllll.....THere were a few occasions that we came back to our room and founf that we had NO electricity at all... this took hours to fix.. (Jamaican Time) not great considering my kids were wet and needed to dry off and get ready for bed....nothing is worse then having a 3 yr old tired and throwing a tantrum cause they are petrified of the pitch black room that nobody seemed to rush to fix.. The T.V broke (iknow were on vacation to hell with T.V) but tucking the kids in and turning on the tube would allow my husband and I a fresh breath of air on the balcony...
FOOD - TOTALLY NOT JAMAICAN - there is no flavour, you eat at the buffet once and get the feeling that everything is major discount and not made to please at all. We got some EXCELLENT FOOD OFF THE RESORT for like 2 $ US.. big container of Jerk Chicken, Rice and Peas, Colslaw.... I just feel overall that this resort wants your hard earned dollars but as soon as they have it thats it, to hell with you, they do not go out of their way to please anyone unless $$$$$ is involved... We are party people we go for the good time and drinks but feel rather ripped off in comparrison to the service you can get at a 3 star elsewhere.
To sum it up - The physical Resort is Great but spend the extra dollar and go to the RIU if you like 5 star, better yet if you like Jamaica you should rent a villa, nicer, cheeper, real culture....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (24h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean