Our family has travelled to many places in the Caribbean and we travel with an open mind and few expectations. We have encountered relatively good (tasty) foods and services ... until this trip:
1. reservations at an a-la-carte restaurant were not available - 2 days' wait;
2. coffee/wine service at the buffet restaurant was slow;
3. food replenishment at the buffet was also slow;
4. 90% of all food (under heat lamps or served) was cold and was bland/tasteless;
5. poor wi-fi connection (worked 10% of the time) and was immediately disconnected upon check-out (12 noon). We remained at hotel until 4 p.m. due to an evening flight with no internet connection even though we paid for the day. Check-in time is 3 p.m. and no guests checked in while we were still at the hotel; and
6. friendliness was not an attribute for the staff and some were quite abrupt (especially at the front desk & guest services);
7. It was made very clear that tipping was expected; and
8. Beach towels are not always available.
On a positive note:
1. The resort is huge, beautiful, well-maintained and very clean;
2. The beach is groomed and well-kept with enough loungers for everyone. It is on the property but off to the left of the hotel.
3. Lifeguards are present.
4. Security is everywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facilities and services 3 lake-style connecting pools with 2 areas for children 3 Jacuzzis Large sun terrace with gardens, sun umbrellas and loungers BAHIA SPA (additional charge) Sports facilities: gym, 2 tennis courts, volleyball court, football pitch Water activity centre Pool and beach towel service WiFi access in the lobby (1h per day free of charge) and in rooms (additional charge) Wedding gazebo 2 buffet-style main restaurants and 5 speciality restaurants 4 Bars Snack bar Entertainment amphitheatre Meeting and convention room The 18 hole Breezes Runaway golf course is just 5 minutes from the hotel. Pueblo Principe: local craft stores, live music, shows, sports bar and disco Rooms 848 rooms including 4 types: Superior Junior Suite, Sea View Junior Suite, Club Golden and Club Hacienda Room facilities: King size bed or two full size beds Pillowtop mattresses Fully-equipped bathroom with separate shower and hydromassage bath tub, wash basin, magnifying mirror and hair dryer Bathroom amenities Air conditioning Ventilador de techo Sitting area with sofa Balcony or terrace Telephone Radio alarm clock Satellite TV Coffee-making facilities Mini-bar Safe (additional charge) Ironing set WiFi (additional charge) Club Golden and Club Hacienda Junior Suites Children Bahia Scouts Children (aged 4 to 12) will have the time of their lives with these facilities: Children's pool Special shows and activities Entertainment team Mini Club (4 - 12 years) Other services 24 hour medical service (additional charge) Pharmacy (additional charge) Specialised service for organising weddings, incentive trips, events and anniversaries Nudist area on the beach Bahia 'au Naturel' (over 18s only) The hotel has a nudist bathing area apart from the other areas ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Principe Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Hotel
- Grand Bahia Jamaica
- Bahia Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
- Gran Bahia Principe Jamaica Resort
- Grand Bahia Principe Jamaica Runaway Bay, Caribbean