My family and I had an amazing time here on a recent trip to Jamaica. It really is a home away from home with all the comforts and amenities you would need. The villa is decorated really stylishly and cleaned immaculately with air con and comformtable beds. The shop on site sells great meals if you don't feel like cooking. You can get into Ochio Rios' main strip via taxi. George one of the drivers was very accomodating and we would just call or whats app him to take us anywhere we wanted and he charged a cheaper rate to than other local taxis. There's a small gym and pool if you prefer to just stay by the villa but with the likes of Dinns River and Mystic Mountain not far you'd be crazy not to go out and about. I'll definitely stay here again.
This was such a beautiful property! I felt safe as I was traveling with my 10yr old daughter. The home was clean and comfortable.
A few things i wish I knew before.
1. It's is a bit of a drive from ochi, not as close as I was told.
2. The property is far from the main gate/grocery store.
3. The property only provides toilet paper for the day of your check in.
4. I would recommend a rental, taxi and tours are expensive.
I plan on booking this property again on my next stay to Jamaica. The owner Michelle is amazing she is fast with her replies.
Property is EXACTLY how it looks in the pictures, very clean and in a peaceful, safe location.
The community the property is in has its on little supermarket, community pool and gym both of which are also clean and well maintained. The location of the property is about an 1hr or so from montego bay airport and then pretty much a stones throw away from Ochi. You would need a vehicle to get around, there is taxi driver who is available who is recommended by the owner his details and other important numbers are in a welcome pack that is at the property.
The owner of the property Michelle was extremely helpful when booking as I had to make a few changes with the dates but this wasn't an issue as she was more than helpful to assist!
I would definitely recommend this property to anyone visiting jamaica and I will be coming back to stay again too! :-)
As my partner has stated, I totally agree, stunning place -really enjoyed my stay. The apartment is close to Dunns River and the Dolphin cove.
Chic , spacious,modern and clean apartment , open plan , with modern amenities. Pool and gym on site. Based inside a closed suburban residence. Great environment, stunning views. Wonderful place to stay. Will definitely recommend this spot to anyone to chill relax and enjoy the delights that Jamaica has to offer.
We travelled as a family of 5 to this villa.
The villa is located in Runaway Bay in a security gated housing community. There is a local shop on site but this shop is extremely expensive. After our first shop, we did our supermarket shopping in Ochie. The property is about 15-20 minutes away from the main town Ocho Rios. It’s also not far away from the famous Duns River Falls.
KEY COLLECTION & SECURITY
The information provided on how to get there was good and we located the key for the villa from the security booth with no issues. We felt very safe in this location and even had an issue getting into our villa one day when there was a new security guy on shift. This is a good thing as attention to detail was important.
OUTSIDE SPACE & PARKING
There is a front veranda with garden tables and chairs, and a small back garden. This was sufficient for our needs. There is also parking for about 2 maybe three cars. There is no shuttle bus provided into town. We used the local taxi service a lot and managed to get on the local bus used by the local people into town. We were aware of how to do this as we are of Jamaican parentage and could find our way around quite easily. If you are not comfortable doing this, I would suggest that you hire a car. We will do so on our next visit.
There are 3 bedrooms. Exactly as per the picture. The main bedroom has air con, and en suite bathroom with double sinks, shower over the bath and toilet. Bedroom 2 has ceiling fan – no air con- and double bed, and bedroom three has ceiling fan and two single beds no air con.
Lots of cupboard and drawer space in all bedrooms with a TV in bedrooms 1 and 2.
There are 2 full bathrooms. The en suite has 2 sinks. The main bathroom has a shower over the bath, sink and toilet.
A large big American style fridge with water dispenser, large 6 ring cooker, washing machine and a very well stocked kitchen. It had everything that you can think off. We even made smoothies with the smoothie maker. The only thing I didn’t see was a chopping board – but we’re not complaining. It really was well supplied. It had kettle, toaster, Tupperware bowls, pots pans, Pyrex, glasses, cutlery, cups glass and plastic and all the usual things you would expect.
LIVING / DINING ROOM
Lovely open planned living and dining room. Large modern Samsung TV. I even logged into the Netflix app on the TV and used our Netflix account.
Nice large dining table seats 6.
The wifi is fully functional for lots of devices. No issues at all.
Lots of towels and linens on site to change bedding or for use when you visit the gym or pool.
GYM & POOL
The gym is not extensive, but is very adequate for your needs. One treadmill, a cross trainer and a bike. All very modern equipment. There is a multi gym with resistance weights and free weights. We loved it and visited the gym almost every day.
The pool is a lovely infinity type pool. It’s cleaned daily. When there are lots of children around, the pool can get cloudy. We travelled out of season to begin with and we noticed the difference when more people were around mid July when we were leaving.
There really wasn’t much to do in the surrounding area; you would need to go to Ocho Rios. We would do a daily road run to Chukka Cove Farm and back. We did feel safe in the surrounding area which is important.
My general opinion of this property is that I would recommend it to my friends, however, I do feel that there are some small points which could help to improve the service more, and I do hope that these are taken on board positively.
1. The Welcome Book for the property was in a drawer which we didn’t find until day 5 of our holiday. I think that this should have been left out on the dining table or on a surface for all to see from the outset.
2. The security number in the booklet was for Palms and not the main cool shades security; this is useful if you are asking for a cab to pick you up as you can call ahead to security to alert them.
3. Missing or non working light bulbs. This is a personal bug bear of mine. Quite a number of the light bulbs were either missing or not working. When I plugged in a spare, it didn’t work. I think that this should be included on an inventory check in-between lets. There were two large ceiling pendants in the kitchen, only 1 worked. Sometimes this did make things difficult.
4. Cleaning – attention to detail. Although on the surface the property looked lovely, there were some areas I felt could have done with a spring clean in-between lets, especially the kitchen and bathrooms. It was a little dusty, and there were some grease spots on kitchen cupboards. Don’t get me wrong, these are small items, but I feel if improved, would make a better experience.
5. The description mentions a safe, we could not find it. If there is one, maybe this could be accommodated in the welcome folder?
6. There were some items of clothing in some of the cupboards. Not sure if these were from previous lets or the owners. Personally, I feel that this sort of thing should be cleared out. There were only a few but there nonetheless.
I/we very much enjoyed our stay here and would definitely book again.
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Families with young children||Large groups|
|People with pets|
I had an excellent stay at this villa. I was close enough to activities and beautiful beaches yet far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet. There is a supermarket located within the property which is much easier than venturing out to find a store for goods that may be needed for your stay. Prepare yourself for peace, relaxation, and a good time. Yeah mon' !
this is the absolute home away from home. beautiful settings tranquil and picturesque.
our stay here couldn't have been anymore perfect. It's in close proximity to all that Ochi Rios has to offer Dolphin Cove ,Mystic Mountain, Duns River Falls all within minutes of each other and a short car journey away from cools hades. the villa is of the highest standard and will gladly visit again.