First of all, it is a scary ride to reach 5000 feet above sea level on Jamaica's roads. It is a long and nervous ride but ithe beauty of the scenery is worth it. I was so glad I made it. The landscape around the inn is the handiwork of God. It is a beautiful place. I will admit that the actual buildings need some care. A good cleaning for starters, touch ups on the worn areas of the building, some fresh paint, shampooing the carpets, etc. would make it a lot nicer. Nice linens on the beds, refrigerators in the rooms with water and juice, and a library to pick a good read would be an added benefit to the guests. It is the place to be for rest and relaxation. It is the place to be to be surrounded by nature birds, butterflies, fruit trees, coffee plants and good jamaican hospitality. Serenity and Peace is found here at Starlight Chalet. The one thing I really disliked about my stay however is that food pricing was not displayed or revealed. And at the end they laid a whopping bill on me. This is a tactic that sets you up to be ripped off royally. Forget about other options, there aren't any. I asked before hand should I bring food and was told not to they had a restaurant. The food is ridiculously expensive. For example, my husband and I had 2 small pieces of fried chicken each, cabbage/carrots steamed and rice it was $10. The next night, A Small fried snapper and leftover cabbage/carrots and rice was $18 per plate. I was furious. Even at breakfast they charged if my husband drank more that one cup of coffee and I didn't drink one cup while I was there. I thought that would have been taken into consideration but it wasn't. Milk the Cow, Milk the Cow, Milk the Cow! The juices however are freshly made which I thoroughly enjoyed at $3 a glass. But after awhile I noticed they became more and more watery. Milk the Cow , Milk the Cow, Milk the Cow! There is supposed to be a breakfast included but the gimmick is...it is a slice of toast , juice and a one cup of coffee. I felt that we became an automatic cash machine which made me angry. I love this place but as stated there is room for improvement starting with FAIR prices for meals and letting the guest know what is charged for meals. I guess it bothered me so much because I have been to Jamaica several times and I know that food is not expensive. For $20 they could have purchased all the food needed to serve us for the 2 days we were there. We came out of there with an $80+ bill for a couple of basic, small meals. That being said visit the Starlight Chalet but remember to ask about food pricing. It would be a great idea to bring your own fruit, snacks and drinks. You will save a lot of money and you will have a great vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the lush bossom of the Blue Mountains, simple country elegance,and comfort is Starlight Chalet & health Spa. Spacious, warm and cozy suites, snug apartments on a backdrop of beautiful gardens, cool mountain breeze and surrounded by seemingly endless mountain ranges. Starlight Chalet & Health Spa is famous for its endemic birds, mountains, gardens and for absolute relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Starlight Chalet & Health Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Chalet & Health Hotel Blue Mountains National Park
- Starlight Chalet And Health Spa
- Starlight Chalet & Health Spa Jamaica/Blue Mountains National Park