“There are much better options.”
Review of Boqueron

Boqueron
Ranked #158 of 598 things to do in Puerto Rico
More attraction details
Owner description: Full of fishermen, great beaches and wonderful views.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“There are much better options.”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I drove down to Boquerón on July 3rd, 2013 from Aguada while on vacation because I visited this beach as a child and I recall having wonderful memories of this place. I remember clear water, starfish all over the place, and souvenir stands/shops. However, much has changed! The beach is dirty and unkempt, there was trash littered about the grounds and most dissapointing of all: the water was cloudy. I also have to mention the mosquitoes; they swarm you as you walk from the parking lot through the mangrove of coconut trees and finally to the beach, so bring some insect repellent. Overall, Boquerón was very dissapointing, however it has potential if the government (it's a state-run beach) and the locals kept up with it. It's one of the few beaches where the water is tested for contamination and "fecal matter," so it gets some points for that. The scenery is picturesque, but other than that I would skip this place altogether and find another option. I recommend Crash Boat beach in Aguadilla instead.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank ElTumbaCocos

Brooklyn, New York
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Relaxing time”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

I spend much of my time at the pool lounging and relaxing, and at the restaurant. They had music which I also enjoyed. And going to the beach which you could exited right from the pool. And the drinks that I had were delicious. Unfortunately because of an foreseen situation I had to return to New York, and couldn't go to many places I had planed. But I would stay again at this hotel - Aquarius Vacation Resort.

Visited February 2013
Puerto Rico
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Calm & serine”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

It is a lovely coastal town that has great seafood and low key ambiance. Their are allot of restaurants and places of interest to visit, not everyone speaks English but they will help you if they can.

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Chill vacation, beautiful sunsets, lovely beaches”
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Though we've traveled all over Puerto Rico, this was our first time to Boqueron. It is a very chill, somewhat sleepy town. Thursday - Sunday, there's a lot of hustle and bustle on the main drag, but Monday - Wednesday, all but one of the restaurants seem to close down. Fortunately, the restaurant that's always open - Galloway's - has absolutely delicious food, great service, and a superb water-side environment.

We also enjoyed the seafood in nearby Joyuda. The sunsets are gorgeous and really lovely from nearby Joyuda. We found it a bit odd that there really weren't any full breakfast restaurants in the area, but this must be a cultural thing. Needless to say, we ate breakfast in our vacation home! There are some awesome breakfast restaurants in Ricon, but it's a bit of a hike.

Playa Secreta, probably the most beautiful beach in the area, had too-strong waves for our 3 and 5 year olds (during our stay - maybe it's calmer at other times), but we ended up finding Buye Beach, which, still pretty, was much calmer. We didn't have to worry so much about them being swept away.

If you stay in a vacation home in Boqueron and dine out about half the time, you can have a relatively inexpensive vacation here. We flew into San Juan and drove, but I would not do that again, as the ride is pretty awful, especially on a weekend. I would try to fly into Ponce or Aguadilla.

For the most beautiful beaches in Puerto Rico, you must go to Vieques. There is simply no comparison. If I could combine the food and atmosphere of Boqueron with the beauty of Vieques, I would be in heaven.

Visited March 2013
Boqueron,PR
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“environmental catastrophe”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

From a peaceful fishing village, Boquerón has converted into an immense bar since there are no places to buy fruits or vegetables but one can count over twenty bars and liquor stores. During weekends and holidays, the 5000 inhabitant village is crawling under cars, oil fumes, loud sound systems and trash. The beach is trashed with beer bottles, plastic bags, junk food packagings. In 2006, you could see dolphins and rays in the crystal clear waters of the bay. Years of real-estate short-term gambling, sewage dumping and alcohol-driven businesses have succeeded in making of Boquerón an environmental catastrophe.....Definitely not recommended......

Visited March 2013