“Not a bad experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Irvine, California
“Not a bad experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went here after visiting Rio Camuy Cave Park. It was clean. We were seated immediately. Our order was taken quickly and we had a short reasonable wait for our food. Our waitress was very attentive. We both ate fried chicken, beans, rice and a salad. The chicken was very very good. If I'd read the reviews first, I would have never gone, but I'm glad I didn't read them, because we had a pleasant experience and only spent $21 for both of us. It was also me and my fiance, but there were larger parties that came in from the park as well and they seemed to be served quickly as well.

• Visited April 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“An unexpected disappointment!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped because the appearance was attractive. When we were sitted a inexperienced waitress took our order. She didn't know the menu. Besides the menu was not clear enough. 20 mins passed by before our drinks were served. The puertorican sausage was overcooked. After the food was served we had to ask for silverware, napkins and water. After we finished the waitress brought us the wrong ticket. Then again she put on food we didn't eat. It was awful. I also noticed the the employees were drinking during working hours. I was so disappointed with the food and service. That's why many businesses go broke. I do not recommend it and I will never come back to El Taino Restaurant.

San Antonio, Texas
“Worst restaurant EVER!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

Visited the fabulous "Las Cavernas del Rio Camuy" and were ready for lunch. At the entrance to the caves, we were given a brochure to visit the Restaurant El Taino. We arrived, ordered drinks and waited an extremely long time for our meals. We were 4 adults and 2 children.

My food was chicken, and when I cut into it the meat was red, with blood oozing out. Everyone's meals were terrible, including the children.

Definitiely, this is NOT a place to go for a quick snack, nor for anything else. STAY AWAY!!!!

• Visited December 2012
San Juan
“Don't even consider it!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

Tried to have lunch after Parque de las Cavernas, Service is so bad we have to left without eating!!! After 45 mins of taking our order no sight of our lunch and when asked what happened the waiter told us that there was 3 more orders in front of us, we asked for garlic bread they gave us a microwaved reheated old bread with the smell of garlic! We asked for our check (for sodas!!) and left!!! Dont go there

Maryland
“Real Puerto Rican food near Camuy River Cave Park”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

For those of you visiting Camuy River Cave Park, you can get the real Puerto Rican deal at very good price just a mile or so south of the park on Route 129. Food not great but authentic. Service friendly but slow, and servers English not so great - as I said, this is the real, deal, not a tourist restaurant.

• Visited November 2012