“Never again”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place was pleasant from the outside with good, loud music, but the server seemed to have an attitude, and we waited 1 full hour before we left without getting our food. We were checked on once during that time. Never again.

• Visited August 2013

Elgin, Oklahoma
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

Worst restaurant ever. I posted a picture so people could see what type of food your a getting there.. They served my little ones an uncooked chicken.. and to the other one a $17.95 shrimp mofongo with 4 shrimp... Service was as bad as it can get... and when asked to talk to the owner.. they told me he was not available.. do not eat in this place.. and do not listen to old person @ cuevas de Camuy that recommend people to eat in this restaurant...

• Visited June 2013
Elmwood Park, Illinois
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We were given a colorful advertisement for this restaurant at the entrance of Camuy Caves. The outside of the restaurant looked good. Inside was nicely decorated but smelled of Lysol lemon cleanser. Aside from a couple who seem to be family of one of the waitress, my husband and I were the only one there. It went downhill when I went to the bathroom. The toilet had a black ring and seemed like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks. I lost my appetite. Thirty minutes went by and we didn't see the waitress or our food. There was no one to be found so we started to leave when the waitress came out and said it will only be 5 more minutes. It was 15 minutes later but the fried chicken tasted like it was refried. I didn't even touch the beans because it looked like old food.

• Visited July 2013
Irvine, California
“Not a bad experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

We went here after visiting Rio Camuy Cave Park. It was clean. We were seated immediately. Our order was taken quickly and we had a short reasonable wait for our food. Our waitress was very attentive. We both ate fried chicken, beans, rice and a salad. The chicken was very very good. If I'd read the reviews first, I would have never gone, but I'm glad I didn't read them, because we had a pleasant experience and only spent $21 for both of us. It was also me and my fiance, but there were larger parties that came in from the park as well and they seemed to be served quickly as well.

• Visited April 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“An unexpected disappointment!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

We stopped because the appearance was attractive. When we were sitted a inexperienced waitress took our order. She didn't know the menu. Besides the menu was not clear enough. 20 mins passed by before our drinks were served. The puertorican sausage was overcooked. After the food was served we had to ask for silverware, napkins and water. After we finished the waitress brought us the wrong ticket. Then again she put on food we didn't eat. It was awful. I also noticed the the employees were drinking during working hours. I was so disappointed with the food and service. That's why many businesses go broke. I do not recommend it and I will never come back to El Taino Restaurant.