“Nice and Cozy!!”
Review of Casa Martorell - CLOSED

Casa Martorell
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Nice place. Excellent food!! Chef came out and salute us; nice touch. Healthy food for kids! Try eggplant lasagna yummy!nnb

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Great food, wonderful service. Owner/manager sat me and he took a seat . Described the dishes and his favorites that the diners eat.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I had a succulent, fresh lobster in butter sauce and my friend had the halibut. They were both very good and big portions. The wait staff was very attentive. We're planning to go back soon.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We arrived in San Juan a day before our cruise and made it over to this restaurant we'd passed earlier in the day. When we had passed by earlier, they were roasting a pig. There were four of us and we each tried something different. My friend had the pig and different pieces tasted differently but tasted wonderful! I had the Risotto. Can't readily remember the names of the other dishes but I do remember they were delish!

We loved it so much, when we returned from our cruise, we had lunch there! The owner was there and sang for us! Very personable people.

The menu is in Spanish and my Spanish is "no bueno", but there were waiters who interpreted what I couldn't figure out with my Spanish to English app. :)

Reviewed 25 June 2013

Casa Martorell is a small family owned restaurant with personalized service by the owner. The owner greets you and explains the menu in detail, you feel as if your having dinner at his home. The menu offerings are a mixture of typical Puerto Rican dishes and Mediterranean cuisine. The menu is varied with a selection of interesting and innovative dishes. The cod and "salmorejo de jueyes" (local crab stew) are the best I have tasted. The prices are reasonable. The dinning room is an art gallery with paintings of Antonio Martorell (the owners brother) who is a famed Puerto Rican painter. The overall experience was excellent both because of the food quality and personal attention by the owner.