“Over rated”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This place is all bells and no more. The food is over priced and not worth the price. They have no idea of what good service and excellent food is all about.

1  Thank ladydemona2

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I regret that I can not agree with the many excellent and very good reviews received by this restaurant, but unfortunately I can't.

I ordered a glass of Malbec wine which was good. Then I was served bread that was ok but no better than that. The butter served with that bread was very good, but it was too cold and therefore too hard, not soft and easy to spread as should be at a good restaurant. Then came the appetizer, a rather poor terrine Forestiere that was not good at all, served in a portion size that I thought was about half of what it should have been. Finally my main course was very good: a tender filet mignon cooked just as I ordered it, served with a very good cognac and peppercorn sauce; the filet was accompanied by a not very good rice with mushrooms. I did not order any dessert.

All in all, my dinner at Trois Cent Onze was no better than average, which to me was very disappointing because I expected much better than that.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

Right among the shopping district of Old San Juan is this gem of a French place. Romantic, beautiful decor, excellent service, and phenomenal food. My shrimp risotto was out of this world and my husband loved his Chilean sea bass. The shrimp ravioli appetizer and creme brulee for dessert were also delicious. This is a bit pricier than other restaurants in the area, but it's well worth it. We LOVED our food, and we're picky foodies from New York.

1  Thank BeachloverNYNewYork
Reviewed 5 July 2013

What caught our eye was the most beautiful chandelier. Breath-taking. The food was very good, but it took some time to get to the table. Good value overall.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

I have been to the restaurant many times and the food is always very good and sometimes excellent, service is attentive and very courteous, the locale is romantic and beautiful. I greatly recomend this restaurant.