Caleta 64 Apartment
US$396
US$212
US$368
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$140
Orbitz.com
US$368
US$311
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$170
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewscasa blancaold san juanthe location is perfecta great place to staybetsycasablancapuerto
Reviewed 16 December 2009

I loved Caleta 64. We were 2 couples and stayed in Ballaja. It had 1 bedroom with a full bath but where the futon was there was another 1/2 bath. I want to note that the futon is around the corner of the bedroom not right outside the room, so you have quite a bit of privacy if 2 couples are sharing like we did. One night my brother-in-law even slept over on the loveseat that has a footrest/ottoman, so when you put it together it's like a bed. Everything is very nicely kept and updated. (LOVED the sheets!) I really don't like to stay in big hotels when I travel because I feel like I pay for a bunch of things I never really use (gym, spas, etc...) So this time I paid for what I wanted: atmosphere, location and cleanliness. The apartment was on a quaint little street. It was great to be able to walk to clubs, restaurants and stores. At night my husband and I walked along El Morro and the water and it was beautiful. Betsy was amazing, we were supposed to arrive at 12:00am and didn't end up getting there until 1:30am and she still welcomed us with a smile and answered all our questions. She came/called everyday to check on us and change our towels and get anything we needed. I really recommend this place. I am definitely coming back. Oh and although you don't get your own parking spot we found parking right in front of our door 95% of the time!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Larimar M
Reviewed 12 December 2009

We got married in Old San Juan over Thanksgiving weekend and we rented out 3 of the apartments in Caleta 64 for friends and family to stay in and we are so glad that we did. Each apartment has been beautifully restored and is unique in its own way. The owners are super helpful and nice - Betsy gave us tips on where to go in Old San Juan and was always very accommodating with any requests. The location is ideal - right in the heart of Old San Juan directly across from El Convento and close to all the shopping and dining. If you want to stay in a place that captures the charm of Old San Juan that also provides the convenience of a full kitchen, washer/dryer, maid service, etc., then this is the place to stay. Everyone in our party who stayed at Caleta 64 was very comfortable and happy.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank yanaseca
Reviewed 11 November 2009

I attended a conference held at one of the resort hotels near Condado, and am so glad that I didn't stay in the conference hotel. I very much enjoyed the time I spent in Old San Juan--it felt like I was on a vacation. The apartment was tastefully decorated and very spacious. It was located within walking distance of restaurants, shopping, and historical sites in San Juan. The owners, Betsy and Gustavo, were friendly and helpful. I look forward to returning to Puerto Rico and will definitely stay in Old San Juan again.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank lisayvonne2003
Reviewed 26 September 2009

Me and my husband stayed at Caleta 64 after getting some great reviews from friends.
Firts of all, the location of the place is perfect. Just walking distance from the main spots in Old San Juan, you don't even need to drive!!
The service was excellent. Betsy and Gustavo are great hosts and very friendly. They gave us plenty of useful advices. We also visited their store located around the corner and picked up really cool stuff to bring back home.
Each room as it's own charm, we stayed at "LA PUERTA". The room had everything we needed, including Wi-Fi. It was beautiful and very comfortable.
Next time we visit Puerto Rico we'll make sure to come back to Caleta 64.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nuriDG
Reviewed 27 August 2009

First time visit to Puerto Rico so it was a blast but there are a few things I would do differently. As far as this location it is a very nice spot to be in old San Juan. I travel with my wife and three late teen early twenty daughters so safety is a concern. Caleta 64 is located in a very nice area of OSJ. Right accross the street from El Convento Hotel, the San Juan Cathedral and very close to the govenors mansion (which always has police patroling the area). The apartment was very nice and centally located. The only trouble we had was that we couldn't get hot water for showers but it was so hot and humid outside it wasn't really a problem. Some of the other posts suggested not driving into OSJ but recommended taking a taxi. I wish I would have listened, parking is incredibly difficult and the streets are very narrow. Once I found a parking spot I left it there for the next three days as you can easily walk the entire OSJ area on foot.

The only other issue is that the owners of Caleta 64 are busy young business people so they aren't around a lot. Not a problem for us as I basically had our agenda planned before we went. However, if you are a traveler who needs a lot of assistance with planning once you get there this could be a problem as they aren't immeadiately accessable.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family