“Good”
Review of UMMO Argentinian Grill - CLOSED

UMMO Argentinian Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The local scene here is as hot as the wood-fired grill in the kitchen. Carnivores go for the parrillada, a savory selection of chorizo, pork tenderloin, short ribs, sweetbreads, and blood sausage (the faint of heart can opt for the fresh grilled vegetables).
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We ate dinner at Ummo one evening. We sat outside, which was nice. Our waiter was pleasant and not to intrusive. I got the skirt steak and my husband got the gnocchi. Both dishes were very tasty. I also got the chocolate cake for desert, which was really good! I would definitely recommend eating here if you are in the Condado area!

There are newer reviews for UMMO Argentinian Grill

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Pleasant ambience and friendly management ably complement one of the best skirt steaks we've ever had. Came out perfectly medium-rare along with one side. There are various steak sizes - we opted for the large at $26.00 with fries and we thought it was an excellent value. We liked it so much we returned again for a second time. Great location, just two blocks from the San Juan Marriott on Ashford Avenue. Very enjoyable experience and definitely recommend.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

My friends had eaten here once before and raved about the steak and the gnocchi. I was a little disappointed. Besides meat, there was not much on the menu. And like everywhere else in Puerto Rico, it was expensive. One of our appetizers was simply 1 inch cuts of sausage in melted, oily cheese - a heart attack in a bowl. Though it didn't taste bad, we were all sick to our stomachs after a couple pieces. My caesar salad was probably the worst I've ever had. One friends very pricey steak was nothing but fat - literally. Some of things I liked... the atmosphere, the au graten potatoes (which my friends thought were too milky but I thought were delicious), watching the steaks being cooked on an open fire grill, great wine selection, and attentive waiter.

1  Thank hicknik
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife had a tomato basil gnocchi which had very fresh basil and great firmness. I had an amazing wild boar shoulder with sweet plantain side...wow, awesome. The place was surprisingly empty.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Each year when we take our Spring Break to San Juan, we look forward to UMMO and it seems to get better and never disappoints.
If you enjoy MEATS and more MEATS and even more MEATS, this is the place you must consider.
This year we didn't have the BBQ of an astounding assortment of meats (and with a BBQ set right on the tabel). Instead, we thought to try grilled SHORT RIBS and Churrasco Steak:excellent with a platter of mixed grilled vegetables, the entire dinner was truly a mouth-watering experience. Meats were grilled to perfection and succulent.
Get stuffed here and then walk-it-off to the Marriot Casino and stuff those slot machines; your belly will be full and, hopefully, your pockets will be full of cash when you leave.
Reservations need for weekends to be on the safe side.
Great cocktails, too; try their Mojito. Nice selections of wines/bottles or by the glass.
You will return each time you visit San Juan!