“Who knew you could have a 5-star experience from a restaurant in a hotel?!”
Review of Perla

Perla
Ranked #41 of 1,036 Restaurants in San Juan
Price range: US$9 - US$85
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Perla is a luxury seafood restaurant serving refined contemporary American cuisine with gracious and professional hospitality. DRESS CODE: No open toe shoes for men. No tank tops for men. No bathing suits.
New York, NY
“Who knew you could have a 5-star experience from a restaurant in a hotel?!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We've stayed at La Concha a couple times but never made it to Perla (they are closed for weddings sometimes). We finally went this trip and immediately booked a reservation for the next night!

They have an incredible selection of seafood and the menu changes every couple of months. (Don't worry land lovers.. My mom has shellfish allergies and had plenty of "land and vegetarian" options.)

They had an extensive wine list - I believe it's one of the most extensive lists on the island.

The view is incredible and the restaurant just that's the coolest feel and vibe to it.

We went on a Friday night at 8pm but went the next night at 6pm to watch the sunset. I have never taken so many selfies in my life. The view is just unreal - note: the best lighting for pics is right before sunset.

We'll be back. Thanks, Perla!!

2 Thank Kdittie

Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious food, impeccable service, great ambience and beautiful view”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my 3rd visit to Perla and certainly not my last! Their attention to detail from presentation to teamwork is outstanding!
Thank you so much for another wonderful dining experience and congratulations on your recent and deserved placement in Top 10 restaurants!

• Visited July 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

2 Thank Tom R
SW Florida
“Dress code? What dress code?”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel. Asked if there was a dress code at the front desk and was told no tank tops, no shorts, no sandals. Went to the hostess stand to confirm the dress code and ask if my young son could wear shorts. "No problem". Confirmed that pants and close toed shoes were required for men.

We just got off our charter boat for 8 days and had very little in the way of tropical chic. Lucky there was some good shopping opportunities across the street. Can't complain about having a reason to buy a pair of Ferragamo's and a nice linen shirt and pants.

Then I watched them seat three tables with at least one person in shorts, a tee shirt, and flip flops. Saw one woman in a coverup and a bathing suit. Drop the charade and stop telling people you have a dress code if you don't enforce it. You might fill the restaurant on a Monday night.

In any case, the food was excellent, service outstanding, and they had my favorite, Grand Marnier Cuvee du Cent Cinquantenaire Liqueur, $24 pour and impossible to find in on the mainland.

Highly recommend, just come as you are and ignore the dress code!

2 Thank schwa757
Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“Fancy but average food at best”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I didn't make it to Marmalade rated the best in old San Juan so we settled for Perla at La Choncha. Yes, I would say the restaurant is gorgeous but the food did not live up to my expectations. It was very expensive. I wouldn't say it was awful but for that price, I wanted more. Oh well...

1 Thank Mimimi2
San Juan
“Romantic”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place, good service and The view OF The beach at night is fabolous. The food was so so and it took a while to get to the table.