“Great food, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda Don Jose

Hacienda Don Jose
Ranked #169 of 1,000 Restaurants in San Juan
Cuisines: Mexican, Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cologne, Germany
“Great food, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We followed the lonely planet advise and had dinner and breakfast here. The food is very good! Simple but tasty and of good quality. The staff was super friendly and you sit right above the ocean. Very recommendable! Tolles essen - absolut empfehlenswert!

• Visited October 2013

Somerville, Massachusetts
“Must see in San Juan!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

My fiancee and I LOVE this place. I am in PR often for work and he (also often) tags a long. It is very close to several hotels, with an incomparable view. The food is good and really reasonably priced. It has great big windows where you are sitting right over the water, while still indoors. Definitely recommend going by if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
New Bedford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

Really good view when sitting by the windows margarita our waitress was very friendly and attentive!! The food was very good and the prices are great!!

Visited August 2013
tex
“Great View... Bad Food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We asked the policemen on the street to recommended a good restaurant nearby. They pointed us in this direction and said all three (Ropa Vieja Grill, Don Jose & Waikiki) were great. I guess we picked the wrong one.

The view and atmosphere was beautiful. The service was fantastic.

Unfortunately; the food was sooo bad. The pork chops were overcooked, the chicken tacos were bland and tasteless, the "fresh" fried fish was undercooked and certainly not fried. The paella had frozen seafood.

The people at the table next to us were sending back their drinks, so I couldn't even recommended just coming in for a drink and the view.

Skip this one.

• Visited August 2013
“Beautiful view but a huge disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

My wife and I went to this restaurant for a quick lunch the other day while visiting Puerto Rico. The view is amazing and a server quickly came to our table.I placed an order asking for a specific type of meat in my food. When I got my dish not only did not have the meat that I requested but I was told they don't even serve that kind of meat so I guess I just assumed what I wanted. Also my food was cold. I sent a plate back to remake it. When it came out the second time it was still cold and it was incredibly salty. I enjoy salt in my food but this was too salty even for me. I didn't really eat any of it and they didn't even ask me how I liked the food or if there's anything else I can get. So basically the service is terrible the food was terrible but the view is amazing. I would never go back.

• Visited August 2013