“Amazing Ocean View”

Ranked #175 of 1,046 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My husband and I were searching for breakfast when we stumbled across a sign advertising Complete Breakfast for $8.95 - sounded like a bargain. I was apprehensive because from the outside, Hacienda Don Jose looks like a dive, and appeared to be a ghost town, but I was starving so we went in. After we walked through the bar area, I was delighted to see other diners and wide open windows displaying the picturesque ocean. You seat yourself, and then wait patiently for someone to notice that you are there. I didn't think that it was overwhelmingly busy there, but we did wait 10 to 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged us. I wish I could say that the food was worth the wait. It was no different than what you would find down the road at Denny's, but they did offer up a decent homemade hot sauce. At least you can enjoy the gorgeous view of the crashing waves while you wait! When my husband got the check, he discovered we were charged $9.95 for the Complete Breakfast which is the price listed in the menu, but not on the street advertisement. Again, the ocean view makes up for it, and the portion was large so good value for what you pay.

There are newer reviews for Hacienda Don Jose

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We went after a basketball game and enjoyed drinks and the rolling ocean views. Our dinners were huge you should definitely consider sharing as portions are large. The service was very good and all were extremely friendly. We sat and talked and watched the ocean for an hour. A great place to visit and eat.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Four of us went for a late lunch and were lucky to be seated in the back next to the ocean-view windows. The view was amazing and the ocean breeze is hypnotizing. I had the mofongo rellenos el pollo, which was the best mofongo I have ever had. Well seasoned and the chicken was tender. Portions were also generous. My girlfriend had the chicken quesadilla, which she said tasted great. I enjoyed a Corona with my meal and our two friends also enjoyed the food. Our waiter and service was great. The price was slightly higher than I normally pay for lunch, but you don't get a view like this at many places. Well worth it!

1  Thank CompGuy
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a conference in Condado and, after eating here, I decided to take the group here for dinner... We were treated like VIPs
They make an amazing seafood PAELLA :)
I will dine here every time i come back to Condado...

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the restaurant that we came back to PR for. Were there last year, were walking down to Condado and got stuck in the storm. Jumped into the first restaurant we saw, and oh my god the place was great. The view is insane, right over the ocean. Food was delicious - my first pulpo salad ever, and better than anything I've tried since. Drinks are good and cheap. This year, we came back just to have that salad again. Try chicken mofongo, it's to die for! Wait staff was very pleasant - and I am a waitress myself, believe me.

1  Thank gavrucent