“Can't wait to return”

San Juan Historic Tour: Fort San Cristobal and Ruin of Caparra
Ranked #15 of 127 Tours in San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: This 2015 we are starting a new concept, All day tour to the west,yes!!! on This Tour you will see cave, waterfalls, beach and sunset. Now we offer you the option to snorkeling at Crashboat #1 site for local divers. We provide water,refreshments and entrance. This tour is will save you over $150 per person. With 12 years and 4 Certificated of excellent by Trip Advisor will proof we are committed to make your vacation an unforgettable one. starting April 30, snorkeling gear available free of charge on the perfect getaway tour!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

I can't believe it's taken me this long to write a review on our experience from back in October. My boyfriend and I went to PR for the weekend for my birthday. I wanted to do one thing and one thing only, and that was ride horses on the beach with my significant other. I've had horses my entire life, yet never in a place where I could ride on the beach and this was my birthday wish. Upon googling and searching for horseback riding in PR, I found and reached out to many companies and people and in the search results, found Rafael. I emailed him asking about private ride rates and if we could go to the beach on the ride, and much to my dismay, he responded that his ride does not go to the beach, but his rates were fare and affordable in comparison to the other places. I was in a bit of a pickle, because SOMETHING was telling me that Rafael was the right way to go, but I REALLY wanted to ride on the beach. After about a day of deliberation and going back and forth...I decided to do what I always do and that was - trust my gut. As usual, my gut was right and I couldn't have been happier about my decision. While I'm a very experienced rider, my bf on the other hand has only been on a few walking trail rides before and is a bit nervous around horses in general. Rafael made him feel extremely comfortable, while also allowing me to be a bit more adventurous with my riding. By the end of the ride, my boyfriend and I were thundering down the river banks at full speed and up the hill back to Rafael's house in the pouring rain. It was unforgettable. An experience that should not be missed by anyone. When we got back, we were soaked to the bone, with huge smiles on our faces and giggling constantly. We want to go back to PR not just to explore more of the beautiful local life we experienced there, but to visit Rafael, his son and their gorgeous (and well behaved and maintained) horses. If someone were to ask me if there was ANYTHING negative about my experience, the only thing i'd be able to find to comment on is maybe the state of the dogs on the property...but...it's Puerto Rico. There are 1000's of stray/mangey dogs all over the place, at least these guys have a place to call home even if they aren't in the best state. They are all rescues and I think he does his very best to keep them off of the street and fed, which is better than most dogs in this area.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank mindym3

pittsburgh
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Unique riding experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

I love riding Pasos and Rafael has some of the best mannered and smooth-gaited Pasos that I have ridden in Puerto Rico over the years of vacationing here. The horses are also healthier than many I have ridden in PR.Rafael is extremely professional as far as returning calls promptly. His directions were excellent, although I must say that driving there yourself, even with his great directions, was an adventure in itself! As we rode, Rafael shared information about the area and is very knowledgable about Puerto Rico overall, having given land tours as well as riding tours. I was lucky to be the only rider with Rafael that day. For me, what made this ride unique, was going into the river. While I have walked along the beach or crossed small streams on horses before, I have never had the sensation of swimming with a horse as I did here. I highly recommend riding with Rafael for anyone regardless of age or riding experience. And if you have the opportunity to talk with Rafael about his family, or see him interact with his sons, you will get a glimpse into this wonderful human being. Rafael clearly loves what he does, cares deeply about his horses and family, and meeting him was a valuable part of the experience.
Rita, Pittsburgh, PA

1 Thank ritacindy
Nuuk, Greenland
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

This was our first experience with the paso fino horses, and thanks to Rafael it went out be one of the highlights on our tour. Rafael is extremely helpful and gave a fullfilled instruction before the ride. During the ride and after he also gave us a lot of interesting information about the paso fino horses so as about the local nature. We - my daughter 11 years old and I - had a great journey by crossing the river and through the woods. The horses are well trained and we felt totally safe with Rafael at our side.
Leaving the Hacienda with a papaya fresh from the tree, a recommendation for the perfect lunch in his town and a lot of inspiration from Rafael to places to visit in Puerto Rico, it was just a perfect day of "feel good".
If we have time left before ending our holiday, we will definitely return for a last ride before leaving Puerto Rico.
The place can be difficult to find, but google map will lead you direct to the hacienca.

Scott, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fantastic adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

IN response to Arnicebell's review, i would like to say that that was an unfair and unjust review. For thanksgiving week, my family of 11 went to PR and on our last day there we booked a riding tour with Rafael. We flew in to PR then rented 2 vans so that way we did not have to rely on the hotel to provide transportation to our excursion (which by the way, would have cost us double the amount for the tour) We arrived at Rafael's place after following him from the small town from his place. upon arrival there the horses were saddled and waiting for us. In our group of 8 people we had 4 of them that had NO experiecne with horse back riding. Rafael explained how to verbally command the horse to go, stop or go faster. I raise Tennessee walking horses (these are gaited horses some what like the Paso Fino) and for the most part the walker is some what bigger horses than the Paso fino. WE had a fantastic time even thou it rained but never detered us from our ride. this person complained about the horses looking mal-nurished and infected. this was not the situtation with our tour. the Paso Fino is a smaller horse compared to others so that may have given arnicebell that perspective. If aranicebell's group were not familiar with horses they should have never booked the tour. I keep my horses (13 total) out doors all the time except to feed them in their stalls and being from south louisiana (very humid and lots of rain) sometimes my horses will have what they call "rain rot" which i guess arnicebell thought was the Mange, and since it rains there more so than south louisiana then these horses are more apted to have this. if i am not mistaken dogs contract the mange!! it is nothing serious and spraying them with a mixture of 1/2 of 409 and 1/2 of water will cure that almost over night. even house hold windex will cure this. so in closing i would like to say that our experience was great, we had a good ride, the horses did not looked like they were sick or malnurished , they all were well behaved horses, in fact i rode his pinto stud next to his mares and did not have any problems with the stud at all. this experience has bought me back with with a great love for the Paso Fino horse so much that i now own 3 of my own, one filly and one stallion and one colt. Before purchasing these horses i kept in touch with Rafael and he was VERY helpful and informative about the Paso horses. If we go back to PR, which we hope to do soon, we will definetly schedule another tour with Pr4less. This is how this man makes his living, i have been to many horse back riding tours right here in the good old USA and have seen worse horses here. So unless u are some one that raises horses or owns one or several, then, you would reliaze that these horses were taken care of.. so i give Pr4less a rating of 5 stars

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jimmy G
Boston, Massachusetts
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

During our first trip to Puerto Rico we rode horses at a ranch by El Yunque with a dozen other people after waiting around for several hours. This year we were lucky to run into a tour operator in El Yunque who recommended Rafael and his horseback riding operation. I called Rafael on Sunday and arranged to ride at 3pm on New Year's Day (very little is open on New Year's Day, so his willingness to take us out on the holiday was appreciated). Rafael sent me very detailed directions to his home, and while we got a bit turned around, a quick call straightened things out (FYI, if you Google map PR4Less Tours Adventure you will come up with the correct place).

We (2 adults, 2 grandparents, and a child) got an introductory lesson into horses in general and the Paso Fino horses in particular. Rafael explained the gear, proper riding technique, as well as the individual personalities of the horses. He was very patient with our 7 year-old daughter and explained to her that even though she had the largest horse, her horse was a "grandpa" and was smooth and gentle. Then we did a quick practice walk around his property before setting out. It rained (poured) our whole ride (it is a rain forest, after all), but we had a wonderful time nonetheless. We rode on the street most of the time as the ground was too saturated with recent rain, but we still learned all about Puerto Rico, horses, and Rafael. At one point another group of riders came long and Pepe (the stallion) got excited - Rafael was quick to anticipate the problem and was in the right spot to control his horse - even if the other riders couldn't control theirs.

Rafael's rides are ABSOLUTELY worth the money and drive out there. Despite the constant downpour, we had a wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat.