“A gracious opportunity to experience San Juan”
Review of Cafeteria Mallorca

Cafeteria Mallorca
Ranked #2 of 25 Dessert in San Juan
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
San Juan
“A gracious opportunity to experience San Juan”
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

The timeless sense I felt once I entered was endearing. I felt as if I were being allowed to be part of old San Juan. The cafe from a huge gas-fired cafe machine was astounding. I didn't expect much, but when the waiter put my cup under the spigot next to the one for cafe and hot milk flowed into my cup, I thought, "cafe con leche," but the way they would have made it in Habana, Cartagena, or Buenos Aires, in 1942. I'm not old enough to have been there, but this cafe took me there. And so did the Cuban sandwich I had. Wow.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Aidennosco

Austin,TX
“Delicious Breakfast!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our cab driver who is also a tour guide across the street recommended this place. Their Mallorcas were outstanding! We had them with cheese, ham and fried egg and just cheese and bacon. This place is small with only a few tables and chairs at counter. Forget the counting calories and just enjoy!

• Visited July 2014
NYC
“Good breakfast/lunch with good prices!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast - tried their mallorcas - with powdered sugar, ham& cheese! So good! Great coffee! They have decent breakfast for a good price! We stayed at El Convento and did not want to pay $20 for pancakes! This place was a good find. We also went for lunch and food was pretty good. Loved their pork chops & rice and beans! Can't beat good food with even better prices!

• Visited September 2013
Austin,TX
“Amazing Mallorcas! Great Breakfast”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Located on San Fransicso street in Ol San Juan. No calorie counting here. Every calorie is worth it, Our taxi driver who is also a tour guide told us about this place. Obviously where locals eat. They have amazing Mallorcas. My husband had his with cheese, ham and fried egg. Mine was just cheese and bacon. Mallorca was so soft and sweet. Bakery items are displayed in window. This a small place but worth it. Try their lemonada also.

• Visited June 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Loved this vintage cafe!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If you like funky old school cafes, this is for you. the waiters were awesome throwbacks to bygone times in thier bowties, as they serve excellent PR style breakfasts and lunches. hand typed daily menus! fresh yummy baked goods! mufungo! not the cleanest place in teh world but thats what you get with history! we went twice, once for lunch and once for breakfast and were pleased both times. my hubby got addicted to this local hot sauce they were serving there!

if you like Katz's in new york, this is the san juan equivelant.

Visited June 2014