“A Puerto Rico Must”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$155.00*
and up
Full-Day Zipline and Waterfall Rappelling...
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocaliza is an adventure tour company based in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our main attractions are our El Salto Full Day Zipline and Rappelling Adventure and our El Salto Half Day Zipline and Waterfall Rock Climbing Adventure. We also offer guided rock climbing services as well as specialized courses. Whether you are looking for a fun day ziplining and rappelling with your friends and family or a more individualized guided rock climbing service, our professional staff will ensure your safety at all times. We invite you to come experience Puerto Rico's beauty and uniqueness in a whole different way!
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Just got back to Boston after an amazing trip to Puerto Rico. Our last day we went on the Rocaliza full day adventure. Needless to say we saved the best for last. This was an amazing experience and the guides make all the difference. You can't go wrong and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Matt C
Write a ReviewReviews (1,244)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"amazing experience"
in 37 reviews

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This adventure was so much fun! We did the full day rain forest / zip line / rappelling. It was honestly amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who can walk. You will definitely get wet so make sure you bring the right shoes. They also feed you at the end and the lunch is delicious. GO!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I really enjoyed the tour (we did the full day), had a lot of fun and found the guides to be nice and hospitable. Marcos, our main guide, was a character and always kept people having fun. The tour itself was beautiful, and frankly, we got a better hike then when we went to el yunque on our own. The only thing I can complain about is I felt we hade a few too many people. There were 11 total, and I mention this because when it came to the rappelling, I was third to go and I ended up waiting for almost 45 minutes for the rest of the folks to get down. I understand that people are at different levels, and am ok with it. But, 11 people is really too many, and ends up making the first people wait for too long, especially if other folks are nervous or take a chunk of time. I'd say they should really take max 8-9 people, that way people don't stand around twiddling their thumbs. Only other thing was the zip lines were kind of short, in the end it was fine, but if there was either one more, or they were each a bit longer, this would have been perfect. Food was basic, home cooked meal, nothing special. On the whole, this is a must do, and the folks were great. Would definitely recommend...

Reviewed 3 September 2012

Where to begin? This adventure was absolutely breath taking, educational and incredible. My wife and I were picked up right on time. We then drove into the interior of Puerto Rico, and up into the mountains. The entire time our guides gave us an incredible education about their country, they spoke of the history and culture with a true passion.

When we arrived at the start of our trek the guides helped everybody get geared up, and we were off. Let me be clear at this point, you will definitely be doing some serious hiking, the road to the start off the trail was paved and at least a 30 degree grade. Once we got to the trail head...well not really a trail head, a river, the real hike began. As others have stated, be prepared to get wet, not sprinkled, not ankle deep, but waist deep climbing through a river soaked. The climb was challenging at times, but I felt incredibly safe. Under the instructions of the guides, every single person in our group was able to successfully negotiate the trek.

The hike is only the beginning, as you climb up this river the guides offer all kinds of interesting facts about the island, the culture, other things to see and do on the island, and even the local vegitation (one way trip flower). When you reach the top of the river the guides provided a snack of papaya and mango, and the water is clean enough that you can drink directly from the river (I did with no ill side effects). After a quick snack you hike back down a short distance and the zip lining adventure starts. My wife and I both admittedly have a bit of a fear of heights, but the guides set us at ease, and I felt no fear at all, I was able to look out at the beautiful rain forest and appreciate the incredible landscape. It was amazing, absolutely amazing.

Finally after all of that, you are invited back to the family home that owns part of the property that this adventure is on. The family prepares a traditional lunch, we had chicken, beams, rice, bread fruit, guava pastry and other delicious items all prepared fresh, flan was served for desert.

This experience was so varied, from the hiking to the zip lining, to the family lunch. It felt like way more then half a day, and exceeded everything I anticipated. This is truly a gem on an island full of incredible opportunities. If you are in Puerto Rico, do not miss the opportunity to try the Rocaliza Adventue Tour!