“Amazing !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocaliza Adventure Tours

Rocaliza Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocaliza is an adventure tour company based in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our main attractions are our El Salto Full Day Zipline and Rappelling Adventure and our El Salto Half Day Zipline and Waterfall Rock Climbing Adventure. We also offer guided rock climbing services as well as specialized courses. Whether you are looking for a fun day ziplining and rappelling with your friends and family or a more individualized guided rock climbing service, our professional staff will ensure your safety at all times. We invite you to come experience Puerto Rico's beauty and uniqueness in a whole different way!
“Amazing !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I recommend rocaliza to anyone!! It was an experience that my family and I will never forget. The rivers and rocks was beutiful. Zip line was WOW words cannot explain I'm just so excited stress reliever thank you guys for the wonderful tour ;)

New York City, New York
“Challenging but fun adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I decided to do the full day rappelling and zipping tour through the rain forest. We were picked up at our hotel promptly at 9 am by our guides Jacob and Eli. From the beginning they were super friendly and informative about the tour. After about an hour drive through the country side we reached the rain forest. The tour started with about an hour hike through the rain forest. What made the hike challenging was the slippery conditions since you are walking through water a lot of the time. I was wearing running sneakers, but I would recommend wearing hiking shoes that can get wet. The rainforest was beautiful and we stopped a lot to take pictures of the scenery. After the hike we reached the rappelling into the waterfall. Our guides gave us a thorough lesson on what to do and the proper rappelling technique. Although I am afraid of heights, I had so much fun rappelling and wanted to do it again! After the rappelling we did another quick and challenging hike to the zip lines. There were 3 in total. After we were done we had lunch at a house on the property and had a delicious authentic Puertorican meal. They had Sangria and beer for purchase. We arrived back at our hotel at about 5 pm. Overall the tour was great and I am so happy we did it! I would recommend Rocaliza Tours to anyone who is looking for a fun and challenging adventure through Puerto Rico's picturesque rainforest and country side!

New York, New York, United States
“well worth it--shows what the island really consists of”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were going to cancel this trip since we had already went to El Yunque the day before and we were hung over from the night before...we are so glad we didn't. We would of lost our money and our experience.

The tour guides were informative, patient, fun, had a great sense of humor. The trip is about 45 mins to get to. The hike up the waterfalls and ziplining took about 2 hours or so. There was amazing crystal clear water falls and streams.

Things suggested to bring:

DO not bring your cel phone-- you have no service and since you will be mainly in water, you cannot really take pictures with it unless you have a waterproof covering

Bring a camera! so many wonderful pictures you can take

wear watershoes not hiking shoes

for the hike wear your bathing suits or your ragedy clothes not the clothes you came in (the extran change of clothes will feel wonderful after the tour of the forest)

Eat lightly before your trip. Lots of physical activity..you will need strength and you will be starving if you do not eat.

After the wonderful hike and ziplining we were then welcomed by a wonderful family right near where we changed, to eat some delicious authentic Puerto rican food.( part of the paid package) they also have Beer and Sangria for sale there. You get to sit down with the team, relax, and stare at the beautiful forest. After that,... back to hotel

It was a well worth experience. Puerto Rico's nature is mainly rivers, mountains, forests, highlands, beautiful beaches. I highly recommend to explore as much as you can and leave the hotel stay for a more simple island.

we were there for 5 days and out of the 5 days it was cloudy after the morning. So we didn't get to tan but we had an amazing time doing everything else PR had to offer

I wouldn't recommend elderly or children under 14 to come to this trip.

Villa Ridge, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best adventures on the island (ANY island)!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

We went on October 4, 2013 and were picked up by Marcos & Diego at our hotel in San Juan. They were very prompt and friendly and we felt safe the whole drive down. After a quick stop at Walgreens we were there in no time.

After we arrived we were setup with gear (helmet/harness), given a quick overview, and headed up the hill for our adventure. I was a little worried at first - the walk up the road was pretty steep - I'm in pretty decent shape and that had me winded. The rest of the trek was easy!

The area was beautiful...pictures don't do it justice. Neither do the few videos on youtube. The rocks ARE very slippery. Be prepared. We had decent climbing shoes on - and it didn't matter. A decent amount of climbing...lots of walking through water (duh). It's a rainforest...and...well...it rained a bit.

The guides were fantastic. They explained a lot about the history of the area and about the environment around us. They pointed out the super slippery spots, advised on where to grab hold in certain areas, and helped when it was necessary to use ropes to climb (this is NOT a technical climb and the ropes are not used often).

We chose the full day adventure instead of just the half day. It is a little confusing in the name - as it doesn't double your time there. It only adds the rappelling option. Because there were only 4 of us on the adventure - it added maybe an hour to the tour. They say that in peak season when the tour is full - it can add several hours.

The rappelling was incredible. They say it's about 80 feet down. Neither of us had ever gone before, so everything was new. They didn't spend much time on the rappelling lessons (maybe 7-10 minutes tops) but there wasn't a lot involved - just how to use the brake. I was pretty sure if you let go of the brake you were choosing the quick option down. Lean back....loosen your hold on the rope...and take a few steps. Rinse - repeat. Over the edge there was maybe another 7 feet to the main drop off.....and the real fun begins. The adrenaline flows!

After that it's a quick hike to the zip lining. Someone said (and it may have been their website) that the ziplining is not main attraction here. They were right. We did three quick zips (first time doing this also!) and then walked back to where we started.

All this action was followed up by a great meal made by a local family. This was outside on a covered wooden deck overlooking the valley. Beautiful view. I don't know if it's the same each time, but we had chicken, rice, some great deserts, and beer was available for purchase.

We're fairly active people...ride bikes...snow ski...scuba...and this is one of the coolest things we've ever done. I highly recommend it. They say it's fairly physical....I didn't think it was too bad except when I was holding on to the rappelling rope a little too tight (fear of heights accompanied by a fear of falling!)

Go do it! Now! You won't regret it!

Visited October 2013
Antioch, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Adventure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We had a great time rappelling & zip lining! Our guides Marcos & Diego were amazing. Very patient & helpful for us first timers. The food was cooked by a local family and it was fantastic and so was the sangria!

Visited October 2013