“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rocaliza Adventure Tours

Rocaliza Adventure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Rocaliza is an adventure tour company based in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Our main attractions are our El Salto Full Day Zipline and Rappelling Adventure and our El Salto Half Day Zipline and Waterfall Rock Climbing Adventure. We also offer guided rock climbing services as well as specialized courses. Whether you are looking for a fun day ziplining and rappelling with your friends and family or a more individualized guided rock climbing service, our professional staff will ensure your safety at all times. We invite you to come experience Puerto Rico's beauty and uniqueness in a whole different way!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I highly recommend this trip. There are so many tours to choose from and I am so happy my friend and I found this one. The tour guides picked us up from out hotel at 9AM on the dot, we picked up people from two more hotels, and then made our way to Caguas. The drive there was so insanely beautiful and green.
The full day tour started with hiking through water and over rocks. The rocks were sooo slippery so I wished I had bought teva like water shoes. I was wearing a pair of Nike sneakers which were fine, but water shoes would have been better. We then rappelled down an 80 foot waterfall, went on 5 different zip lines, then headed back and had the most incredible lunch made by one of the guide's grandmother. Soooo good.

Things I wish I knew when booking the tour: you can totally bring your phone/camera. They give you ziplock bags to store them and they'll even hold them for parts of the trip and take pictures of you.
You don't want to carry anything in your hands so I'd recommend bringing a little backpack to put your water bottle and phone (because that's all you need on the hike - you leave everything else including a change of clothes in the van).
Our guides were amazing. So friendly, funny, and fun.
Everyone should go!! But do the full day tour, not the half day, because the half day doesn't include rappelling which was the absolute highlight.

Visited August 2014
dgcamargo, Owner at Rocaliza Adventure Tours, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you so much for the great review and for joining us on the El Salto Full Day Adventure! I have to agree with you, the rappelling is the highlight of the tour, hands down! But the adventure would not be complete without grandma's meal at the end!! Thanks again!!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Left the kids at home! !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Today we went on an awesome adventure with my friends from Rocaliza; Jacob and Jorge. We had a wonderful hike through rocky terrain and climbed gorgeous waterfalls. Our group was an eclectic group consisting of people from many different walks of life. My husband and I were physically challenged -appropriately so - and the ziplining was amazing. What I didn't know was that we were ending the day with an amazing meal. After all the activity, we couldn't wait to eat. This group is top notch. 5 stars from us!! The local scoop was a bonus!! Thanks to Rocaliza's Diego who the only person to get back to me immediately upon email! Will tell all my friends!

Thank you so much for the great review and for joining us on the El Salto Adventure!!! It is still amazing for us to see like you said "people from all walks of life" coming together for a short period of time and having a great time on the adventure!! This is what keeps us motivated and happy! Please come back and join us again in the future!!
Cambridge, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST THING WE DID!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We did the half day hiking, rock climbing with zip lining. It was THE BEST experience! I've never done anything like that and they were fabulous! Diego and Jacob were so knowledgable and encouraging! Plus we got to eat an amazing lunch made by the locals! It was worth every penny and I would do that again if we ever get back there!!!

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for joining us on the El Salto Half Day Adventure!! We're very happy to hear you had fun and we're satisfied with our service!! We'll be waiting for you when you return to PR!!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“FUN!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a great time on this adventure. We went on the full day and I recommend it over the half-day. They picked you up from the hotel, we went hiking, repelling, and then zipping. The day finished with a very authentic Puerto Rican lunch in an outside gazebo at the base of the mountain trail. They even sold sangria and beer! Everyone was sleeping on the way home! Great time, I would recommend for any teenagers or young adults.

Chicago, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“14 year old and 16 year old loved this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our two teens went on the full day El Santo adventure. They were picked up at our hotel. They said this was a great activity, more rigorous than they expected. This is not an excursion for those concerned about heights. Rapelling down the water fall was super fun. Ziplining was great, but not as high as those they had done in Cancun. Wearing water shoes or old tennis shoes is a great suggestion. The brochure said that they would swim, but they did not so swimsuits were not needed. The meal provided by the local family was tasty, especially the rice. Only surprise was that it was supposed to go until 5pm, but kids returned about 3pm. Kids said it was very fun and they would recommend it to other teens!

1 Thank Laura D
It's always great to have teenagers on the tour! They have a lot of energy to burn!!:)
We're happy to hear you had fun and hope you'll come back again in the future!! Thanks again!!