“Great affordable place.”

Ranked #420 of 1,045 Restaurants in San Juan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

Had the porobollo steak, from 3 chooses the very nice waiter recommended, was very good, homemade hot sauce, was good, side of salad and black beans and rice made the meal very plentiful and I couldn't stop eating the beans and rice, mucho bueno. For $10.50, great deal when your hungry.

1  Thank Michael F

Reviewed 22 August 2013

I went to this restaurant last week with my family. Their food was mediocre at best. I ordered a child's meal for my son and the chicken nuggets were made of reconstituted chicken. I also ordered a sangria, the drink was poorly made and tasted like flat grape soda. For dinner I ordered a "mofongo relleno con ropa vieja" the food was horrible, the "ropa vieja" was just boiled beef with tomato sauce and lacked season. The mofongo was like boiled slightly ripe plaintain (PLANTAIN MUST BE GREEN), no garlic and no flavor at all. My wife ordered some "bacalao" again the food was lacking taste and the "bacalao" was rubbery. I would say that this is the worst food ever, the service was OK but the food was not up to Cuban or Puerto Rican standards. It was really gross to see what they called a salad surrounding the mofongo being soaked by the juices from the beef. Cannot recommed at all. If someone gives cuddos to this place they really have no knowledge fo Latin, Cuban or Puerto Rican food.

1  Thank waarce
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Really really what I expected ;) good food, great service and its like we were regular clients! Definitely coming back to try other menu items...

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We love Cuban food so we were able to overlook the terrible service. Had it been an authentic Cuban restaurant, the Cuban staff would have been making jokes, engaging the patrons, adding a fun electricity to the place. Puerto Rican waitstaff are really, really bad for the most part, and this restaurant lives up to that bad reputation. We had to call over the waiter continually for water, orders, updates, even the check. Bad service = 10% tip...and be thankful for that. Once was enough for us. Never again. This place would never survive in Miami.

1  Thank Dubyew S
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We went here on a quiet Monday night while staying down the street at the doubletree. There were only a few other locals in the resturant and the requisite TV although it was at a reasonable volume. The friendly waitress didn't speak all the much english but we had no problem ordering dinner and drinks (the menu was also in english). We both ended up ordering grouper yiyo style and it was great! Even the rice and beans were worth talking about. Even better dinner and a couple beers came to less the $50.