We chose this Hotel for its proximity to the conference centre. And for location purposes it is good, 100 meter walk to the conference. There is also a reasonable restaurant between the hotel and the centre. We checked in reasonably fast, 2 of our friends were waiting in line the day before we arrived for 90 minutes however.
Staff at this Hotel demonstrated that they were there only for the pay check. We got a strong impression that know one was interested in helping you. For example, we were using breakfast coupons for 'American' breakfasts. After being seated and seeing the buffet we expected this was the 'American' breakfast, to only be lectured 10 minutes later that we were to be charged for the buffet as we should have ordered off the menu. This led to a lengthy debate on communication techniques of restaurant staff. The next day we were told the opposite. FYI the breakfast is not that good, scrambled eggs can bounce in this restaurant and maybe the best choice is the yoghurt as it is not made OFF site. Unfortunately this area once had big plans judging by the shafts of steel construction rusting away in the neighbouring property. This means Sheraton food is very expensive! There is a brazilian steakhouse, do not expect value here either for a $60 steak and buffet.
Your saviour is the bus system that run s passed the hotel into town, have coins available to feed the onboard ticket machine, very cheap and takes approx 18 minutes into San Juan.
Our room was adequate, for the price it was it was rather inadequate I feel. See my Andalucia review for the guest house we stayed at in San Juan. We often had to ask for clean water glasses following our room being serviced, however complimentary water was always available for outings.
The local town is a walking distance where you can find a pharmacy, some fast food, and supermarket...potentially too far to walk back with purchases.
Before you look at the Old Sheraton reviews we had a friend who also stayed there. Room was bigger and location is where all the action happens in San Juan. Still expensive, no breakfast (no loss), small pool. Sheraton Casino has an amazing pool and huge sun deck which was the highlight of this hotel. We spent many hours up here in our spare time that was always well kept by the pool boy with towels etc. You may like to consider taking your own drinks, there is a bar open during the day however Sheraton prices exist be warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Identified as San Juan's modern urban resort, Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is located just minutes away from historic Old San Juan, cruise terminals, easy access to business district and 12 minutes from the international airport. Our hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico features a comfortable and contemporary design, lavish 57,000 sq. ft. sun deck with infinity pool overlooking the Bay of San Juan, rejuvenating spa, the largest casino on the island, a variety of restaurants and gathering spots, all for a premier place for you to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan