This hotel is very modern and quite large. it has a spacious contemporary feel about it but is rather lacking in soul and sophistication. It has a cavernous lobby which is full of hard polished surfaces and at night lit in bright colours like orange and lime. There hotel also also modern "infinity" pool and a sun bathing deck on the fourth floor which overlooks the new San Juan Conference Centre. I have stayed in other Sheraton's where the standard of accommodation and facilities was much better. There was nothing bad about the hotel and our rooms was spacious , carpeted, air conditioned with a large flat screen Sony TV , comfortable bed and a balcony [ although ours was closed for renovation. ] Having said this there was nothing remarkable either. The hotel feels like an establishment which has been designed and run by accountants who were to minimise costs and maximise profits rather than provide a memorable or luxury hotel experience. The hotel restaurant was adequate [ no more than that] and was decorated in the same contemporary style as the lobby /waiting areas with polished ceramic floors , brightly coloured drum shade lighting and angular wooden tables and chairs..There was also a small cafe in the lobby which offered very limited choice of food and minimal seating. Indeed no food [not even sandwiches or pastries ] were available once the breakfast rush was over. We only had breakfast from the buffet in the min restaurant - this was of indifferent quality as was the coffee . There was an a la carte breakfast menu but this seemed expensive for what was on offer. Breakfast was not included in the room price either. Overall I thought the Sheraton San Juan was expensive for what was on offer. The biggest drawback is that the hotel is located in an urban desert surrounded by main roads, car parking and concrete structures. There is nothing much of interest nearby to see or do apart from the vast Convention Centre opposite with its decorative fountains. The choice of cafes/restaurants in the vicinity was also very limited. I could find only two.
Unless you have reason to be in this part of town, say for a short stop over [ e.g. to use the Convention Centre or the cruise port ] I see no reason in particular why you would want to stay here. Disappointing for a Sheraton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Superbly situated amidst the Puerto Rico Convention Center facing the Bay of San Juan, our hotel will be just 10 minutes from the international airport and 5 minutes from historic Old San Juan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino