“Such Friendly Staff”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
“Such Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The hotel is about a 15 minute cab ride from the airport and the staff was quick and courteous - no, downright friendly and helpful, when I arrived. The hotel itself is starting to show its age, hence the 4 star rating, but the room was quiet and comfortable and I had no problems with anything in the room.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BrianT787
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 20 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We value your comments and look forward to your next stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino is a great choice for business, it is brand new and has a great location.
What's memorable is it's Choices restaurant! Wow, Puerto Rican food, that by itself has a great reputation as the best cuisines of the world, Choices Chef takes it to the next level, I had the most delicious dishes, like Chuleta Can Can, with Puerto Rican rice...mmm! The freshest salads, with mango and caramelized pecans...yumi...the most savory seafood Paella...awsome.. but whats best of all, is the impecable service of my favorite waitress, Paola...she the most efficient and amicable person there is...with her melodical and soft Puerto Rican accent "how's everything??"..."Oh! Great...Thanks!"...If Antonio Carlos Jobim just have lived in Puerto Rico, the Girl of Ipanema just might have been from San Juan...If you visit Puerto Rico, book your self in the Sheraton San Juan Hotel and Casino and dont forget to visit Choices and say hello to Paola, the Princess of San Juan.....arghhhh...I think I will turn around and go back...I hate to leave....Bon Voyage!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Fer V
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Fer V,

Thanks so much for your review, it is awesome to hear such an amazing comment! We definitely can tell you indulged yourself in our Restaurant. Our new and refreshed menu is the new star of our Choices Restaurant. Your recognition to Paola is very much appreciateed and we definitely pass on the information to her Supervisor. We value your review and encourage you to visit us again when visiting San Juan, PR.

Warmest!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed here for five nights on a business trip the last week in April. Front desk service was slow (understaffed?) at check-in both on Sunday evening and Friday morning. At check-in no summary of hotel amenities was given.
Ate breakfast at the Choices restaurant every morning. Prices seem astronomical until the check came and I saw that I was given a $14 continental breakfast credit although I ordered an omelet. Neither front desk or waiter explained this my first day. However each subsequent day each server explained this after I already knew. I had dinner at Choices and the Asian restaurant once each as well. I preferred the Choices dinner.
Housekeeping needs improvement. They were not thorough enough as there was dust and hair buildup in the corners. The towels were not bleached or replaced enough because I had them changed every day and about half had a small stain. This also applied to the pillowcases.
Room overall was showing signs of wear. The table holding the television had the front panel beginning to peel away. Lobby gives a great impression so this was surprising.
I could somewhat hear noise from the hallway, but I was working so hard that I passed out anyway.
Cannot speak on value as I was not conscious of pricing due to my employer footing the bill.
Overall, the place was passable and comfortable, but not as nice and clean as expected.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mia P
Joel R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Mia P,

Greetings from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us this valuable review. We will discuss it with our upper management team to ensure we avoid this from reoccurring. I would also like to extend you a formal apology as it is evident we failed to meet your expectations.

Should your travel plan bring you back to the Enchanted Island of Puerto Rico, please do not hesitate to contact me at joel.rojas@sheraton.com. It will be a pleasure for me to assist you.
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Just came off a very long flight and had one memorable drink in the bar served by the extremely friendly and very efficient Loriam Garcia. she made four very tired people laugh and if there had been more energy we would have stayed a lot longer. Good hotel on first impressions. Room excellent

Allison

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tony h
Dear tony h,

We appreciate your review! You can make sure that the Sheraton Puerto Rico is Your place to relax and feel Welcome thru our associates connection with our guests. Your comfort is a priority to us, so we will make sure you will feel valued and welcome. We thank you for recognizing Loriam Garcia, we'll make sure her Supervisor is aware of it. Thanks for choosing Sheraton Puerto Rico.

Best!
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The Sheraton was a very nice hotel with a great 4th floor pool and deck. All the staff was exceptional and accommodated whatever as asked for. All meals were excellent. Short 5 minute drive to old San Juan. Unfortunately no beach access but makes up with the quietness. Would go back!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Mloeser15
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 May 2014

We look forward to your next visit! Thank you for your comments about our lovely property.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We went to a birthday in the pool area and it was awesome. We love that it is a family environment. The service was great our waitress Lizbeth Rosado was excellent very sweet and gave us an excellent service. I would definitely would go there again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Loyda S
Dear Loyda S,

We appreciate your review. Our comfortable Pool Deck is one of our major attractions. Either for business or pleasure, our guests are able to relax while staying with us. Kid's pool, adult's pool, jacuzzi, kid's fountain and our excellent Pool Bar and Grill menu, make your family experience a special one filled with smiles. Thank you for your recognition to Lizbeth Rosado, we will make sure her Supervisor knows about it. If travels bring you back to San Juan, PR, please remember the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel and Casino is your home away from home.

Regards!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Staying for one night. Checking-in was a bit slow as there were only two people at the front desk. We parked the car in front of the lobby to run in for checking in. The valet required us to leave the car key which was fine but told us that if we were away longer than 10 minutes, they would park in the garage and I had to pay for parking. I asked what if the check-in took longer than 10 mins, they said I had no choice but to pick up the car from the garage. I think this is operation issue. Obviously I don't control the check-in process, it's mostly up to the hotel's front desk. They should be more flexible or come up with a better parking/check-in issue. Also, the parking is a bit pricey considering the hotel's location is in the middle of nowhere. It's definitely not realistic to walk to tourist attractions from the hotel. It's technically doable but I wouldn't do it for safety issue. There are some meter parking that you can park nearby as an option. Also, the hotel won't let us use the trolley to carry our bags to the hotel room. We have to use the bellboy service if we want to use the trolley. That was the firs time I rant to this. I felt like being nickel-and-dimed by the hotel.

Other than the above drawbacks, the room is overall good, spacious bathroom, great rooftop lounge with basic breakfast- free if you're part of the Starwoods membership. I'm happy with the room, everything else not so much. Will probably stay somewhere else next time in San Juan.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willoftheworld
Carlos P, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Hola willoftheworld! Thank you very much for sharing some thoughts about you past stay with us. We greatly appreciate feedback from our guests as it helps us to improve our processes. Our parking facility is controlled by an outside vendor since the parking structure is owned by the Convention District. We truly apologize for the inconveniences you encountered while trying to check in. In some ocassions, 1 person can stay in the car waiting while the other checks in. Our bellstaff will be more than happy to assist you with your bags so you dont have to leave them in your car during this process. We truly hope that you reconsider your decision and give us the opportunity to welcome you back. Best regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan
#7 of 13 in Isla Verde
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!