Let me start by saying that the hotel is beautiful, but what makes it even better is the staff.
Me and my partner decided to come again, since we had so much fun last time, but the difference from this second visit was how attentive and friendly the staff was. When we checked in, Grisel (im not sure its how you spell it) was very gracious always smiling. When we arrived, it was early so our room was not ready, so she offered us some options for the rooms that were available, I thought that was extremely nice but we weren't in a hurry since we had decided to go shopping and look around. Other hotels need people like her! Thumbs up to her!
We decided to try Choices on our first night and it was amazing! We had the dumplings to start, these were out of this world, it was a cross of the Japanese gyoza dumplings with a mix of puertorrican flavor and my partner had the Ropa Vieja, it was with duck, I am not a big fan of duck but boy did this taste good! Our main course did not dissapoint, but the best part of our experience was our waiter, Gabriel Valdes! Even if we had not liked the food we talked about how we would go and just sit at his section, he is very attentive and always willing to recommend something, he is friendly, kind, knowledgable, hands down one of the best servers we have had!
Also a shout out to Victor and Rose at the bar in the casino! On our second night they already knew our drinks and to leave a tab open for us. Big plus in a crowded place.
All in all, though it is more of a business hotel, so you wont get to see young kids screaming and running around, I never saw a child on my stay and we were there for 4 nights, so if you are looking to stay away from children this is the place for you.
The views of the hotel are of the cruise harbor and small plane airport, so if you expect to have the beach at your footsteps, look for somewhere else.
I would definitely recommend this place!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Identified as San Juan's modern urban resort, the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is located just minutes away from historic Old San Juan, cruise terminals, easy access to business district and 12 minutes from the international airport. The hotel’s comfortable and contemporary design, lavish 57,000 sq. ft. sun deck with infinity pool overlooking the Bay of San Juan, rejuvenating spa, the largest casino on the island, a variety of restaurants and gathering spots makes this hotel the premier place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino