“Worst location”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I wanted a place where you're close to the main attractions. The location of this hotel is by far the worst. Getting in and out of there was a pain! The streets aren't coherent to the GPS. The concierge says you can walk to the beach and old san juan, but who wants to walk in that heat and humidity! Renting a car is a must. The cost to take a taxi is $15 one way! The hotel is nice, but would only stay if you had to go to a convention.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Daisy S
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Thank you for your review. We regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with our location. We are however ideally located between all the points of interest, including beaches, Old San Juan, the downtown business district, and shopping malls amongst other points of interest.

We will share your comments with our concierge to make sure that we are always giving our guests the option of taking the bus which is conveniently stops right in front of our hotel every 15 minutes and is a very economical way of getting around town.

We hope that this stay did not affect your trust in our brand and welcome you to visit us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I myself and my other 11 friends made a trip to Puerto Rico in May of 2014. It has been almost 2 months since I was in the "Isla del Encanto". I seriously had the best time in Puerto Rico, and I can seriously write down everything that I loved about the island but I am here to thank the people from the hotel we stayed at because this trip would not have been amazing if we had not experienced an amazing service. The hotel itself is fabulous. Its clean, the food is amazing, the casino is perfect, and the environment is fantastic. We all had a pleasant stay and we will certainly go back and stay there again! I want to give a special thank you to Sammy from the lobby bar and Victor from the casino bar. Both amazing guys that were always friendly and were there to talk about the thing in Puerto Rico. They gave amazing service and even if it was late they had a smile and a great attitude. You can tell they love what they do. Thank you Sheraton Hotel and Casino for making my time in Puerto Rico the best!

Room Tip: better room floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johanna C
MariaVInf, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Johanna C,

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to know that we were part of your best vacations. We are proud of our hotel amenities and you definitely can confirm it. Your recogniton to Sammy and Victor are appreciated and we'll make sure their managers are aware of it.

At Sheraton, we care about our guests and clients and strive to provide the best service we can to ensure a pleasant stay. Because you just don't stay...you Belong!

Warmest!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

This mini vacations were great. The hotel is amazing and the staff is wonderful, especially Hector Picorelli who got us a great room for a great price. We had a blast at the pool and at the balcony of our room. We hope to stay many more times.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Victor G

Dear Victor G,

Thanks for your review! We are excited to know that you had a Great Experience and we were able to connect with you. Your recognition to Hector Picorelli is much appreciated and we'll make sure his manager is aware of it.

We definitely look forward to your upcoming many stays!

Regards!!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The Hotel was selected by booking through online travel agency. I was a little nervous due some of the reviews I read; to my dismay I was pleasantly surprise with my room. The room was very clean smelled fresh; however my travel partner could not say the same. Her room smelled of mold, the carpets were dirty and the paint was peeling in the shower, the second full size bed in her room was sunken. The staff was very nice and comp the room stay. All the staff was exceptional form the cleaning crew to the front desk. The Brazilian restaurant was top notch. The infinity pool was nice overlooking the ocean , it was a bit overcrowded with children on Saturday. The overall stay was very nice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MontegoBaynlovinit
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

We appreciate your comments and apologize for the experience your travel partner encountered. The appropriate departments have been informed of the issues. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great experience, great staff, amazing hotel. Since I arrived at the lobby to my last minute there I couldn't say or think of anything negative about that hotel. The staff was very professional and very kind, especially Hector in the club lounge. I would stay there with my family again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: June 2014
MariaVInf, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Maverick33g,

Your assesment about our hotel is much appreciated. Our guests are the inspiration for all we do. Thanks for recognizing Hector, we'll make sure his manager is aware of it.

We will definitely welcome you and your family in a future stay.

Best!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my family are regulars in the Sheraton Convention Center in San Juan. The service in one of excellence. At Choices restaurant we always enjoy ourselves when we get the opportunity to coincide with Jose D' Leon an expert bartender, Mark Rodriguez and all choices staff are always attentive and professional. At the pool we do appreciate Rebecca's service.

• Stayed: July 2014
MariaVInf, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear kandede,

We thank you for your loyalty to our Hotel. Definitely once you feel the Sheraton Experience, it keeps bringing you back. Your connection to our associates, especially Jose De Leon, Mark Rodriguez and Rebecca is valued.

Your assesment to our Hotel is very much appreciated and we definitely look forward to continue creating memories.

Best!

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I was very pleased that Jose De Leon was our server/bartender on a very special night with family members. We decided to have a few drinks on my daughter's birthday night to celebrate and I am very glad we stopped at this hotel from all the others in the area. We are planning to return really soon! Thank you so much for your superb service Jose!

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Soreyl M,

Thanks so much for your review! We're glad you chose us to celebrate that special ocassion with us. Your recognition to Jose De Leon is appreciated and we'll make sure his manager is aware of it. We'll definitely be honored to have you with us again for a longer stay for another Excellent esperience!

Warmest!

El San Juan Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton
Condado Vanderbilt Hotel
San Juan Water & Beach Club Hotel
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!