“An Amazing time with my son”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I've stayed in room 909 on July 2nd through on July 5th. My son Daelen and I had an Amazing time. He is almost four years of age so the pool deck was great for him since it's safe and very clean. Two names come to mind on why i will return to this property. Luis who brought a fridge to my room was very friendly and resourceful. Second person was Lizbeth from the pool bar. She was so friendly and just made you feel comfortable and that she cared.
This hotel is not at the beach but it's only a six minutes taxi ride. If you are looking for a room with two beds ask for room 909. It had a lot of space and you'd be looking at the pool and the bay.
I ate a delicious rye-bye steak that was probably the best i've tasted in PR at the restaurant on the main level. Give a shout out to Luis and Lizbeth. I felt that the front desk gives you text service as if they didn't want to connect with the clients.

I will return with my entire family next time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Quijote15
Laura R, Sales Coordinator at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay. We are very glad to know that you had a memorable stay with your son. Our associates will be recognized for their great service. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel even when is a Sheraton brand hotel they are a mess on their logistics. Me and my wife arrived there for a two nights stay from July 18 to July 20.

First of all is that we were treated different since we made our reservation trough Priceline, you can feel the difference on the way they treat you.

Even when the guy at the front desk told me the bottled water and the internet in the room was "complimentary" at the checkout I got a daily fee, when I asked the guy at the checkout for that fee he told me was a fee to cover, internet, bottle waters and other extras, which mean is not complimentary at all!

The checkout process was a mess, the hotel administration allowed a Government convention on their hotel for the whole weekend, and the last day a strike hit the hotel facilities. All the doors were closed, just 1 door was left to access the hotel from the outside by the hotel guests. The hotel was rounded by cops, around 50 of them! Once we were able to enter that morning after coming from breakfast into the hotel to take our bags and do the checkout, we were not able to exit the hotel because of the strike. There was no hotel staff available to guide the guests, all we saw were cops and more cops outside and inside. I had to wait around 25 minutes to get out of the hotel by the kitchen area, because the strike hijacked the whole hotel staff, convention members and hotel guests. Once I am able to reach the kitchen exit door, that back door was blocked by strike participants. We had to wait for cops to arrive there and escort us, on the middle of the process I was hit by a cop and a strike participant. After all of this story, I finally was able to get our from that hotel. They put the hotel guest security at risk and they preferred to hold a convention to earn money, better than avoid problems like these, because they were aware that the probability to have a strike that weekend was very high because the social problems Puerto Rico is facing. I told my wife, that was our first and last stay there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reivde
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Reivde,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your recent stay with us.

Your past stay at our hotel was definitely not a Sheraton experience as we had a group of protesters try to enter our facilities without prior notification. We were not expecting such an event to happen, however we followed all of our security protocols in order to keep our guests safe and out of harms way.

Please know we will be addressing your concerns on the communication of the amenities included in the room. We always strive to be consistent in our service delivery and aim to be #1 in customer satisfaction.

We hope that these events did not affect your confidence in our brand and invite you to come back to visit us in the future.

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Had a good time. But our first room wasn't good. Our second room was much better. It is a nice hotel but far from Old San Juan and the beaches. Will stay by Isla Verde. The hotel was nice and clean. But had to be asked to be moved. The 2nd room was better. The wait times for front desk was too long they need more people working.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

We value your feedback and will address your concerns with the corresponding departments. We look forward to connecting with you in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel a month in advance and stayed Sat-Tues. Was assigned a bay view room next to elevator on the 12th floor but had been delayed an hour by unavailability upon check in from previous guests. Front desk agent gave me a drink/food credit voucher for waiting which was a pleasant surprise. A tad noisy from elevator action but views were great after coming back tiresome from excursions. Rooms are very clean which is fabulous. Pool is decent to relax at, food and service at either restaurants are excellent, casino tables are fairly sparse but all in all i would definitely revisit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jill v
MariaVInf, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear jill v,

We appreciate your review about your recent stay with us. It is with great joy to know that you enjoyed your time here. We're glad to know that the service, food and amenities met your expectatives. We definitely look forward to your next stay with us.

Best!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I traveled to San Juan with a girlfriend and this destination was a first for us both. I'm somewhere in the middle with my feelings about this property. There were some really pleasing parts about my stay, but I was not fully satisfied upon checking out. The check in was really lengthy, like 10 minutes in line and 20 minutes working with a representative lengthy. The public areas were very nice, beautiful decor, architecture and the pool area is like I've never seen...amazing. There are at least 4 different restaurants in the hotel, as well as a bar and casino. We ate at the lobby restaurant called Choices and our food was very tasty, but pricey. Room service is available and prompt but pricey also. Housekeeping was a hit or miss during our time here. They only came twice during our 4 night stay. In general, the employees are friendly and accommodating, but not extremely resourceful. If you plan on resting, this isn't the place. There were kids running in the halls on my floor as early as 6am and the drapes are open for the sun to gleam in even when they are fully drawn. The location is subpar for those wanting to visit San Juan leisurely. It is about a 10-15 minute cab ride to Old San Juan at $15-20 a ride. We ended up spending far more on getting around than I would have liked. My main problem with this property was that we arrived a day late due to airline incompetence. Our reservation was prepaid and we missed an entire night. Despite several efforts, the hotel management was not willing to refund the unused night or even provide an in-house credit. To me, this was an easy fix for one who would have considered staying again under different circumstances. Bottom line for me is find out the policy for unused nights, get the insurance through your travel company, the booking site and even your airlines if you plan to stay here. Disregarding the money we paid for the night we missed was unacceptable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jasmin F
Joel R, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Jasmin F,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Your comments will definitely be considered in our efforts of improving our service delivery to our guests. We hope we can have another opportunity to provide with the distinguished service experience we strive to deliver to each one of our hotel guests.

Best regards,

Joel Rojas
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night before a cruise and we were satisfied. There are a few restaurants at the hotel but other than that there is not much within walking distance of the hotel. It was rainy evening and we reluctantly ate at the Chinese restaurant at the hotel and were very impressed. The room was comfortable but was starting to show signs of wear. The public areas, casino and lobby were immaculate. Check in was breeze and the front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ccnj
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was my 2nd visit to San Juan and decided to allow someone to select the hotel for the trip. BIG Mistake. Sheraton is a cab or bus ride away from all that San Juan is known for. This hotel is for business needs only, yes there is a small poorly maintained casino within and a few high priced restaurants but I was not impressed. Check in was a nightmare, they claim that our reservation was cancelled however I had confirmed the reservation the day before. We ended up in a small room with a smell. The room was not cleaned and someone spilled tanning on the bed, the cleaning lady did not change the covers. Amenities were average, starbucks coffee provided and two bottles of water a day. The ironing board was dorm size, needless to say, we will not stay here again. Wifi was patchy at best and cell phone coverage was poor. I did not receive calls or texts until I reached the end of the property or in a taxi. The one highlight was the pool area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank SSmith30
DominiqueHaacke, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

SSmith30,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We regret to hear our location and facilities were not up to your expectations. We are actually ideally located near the heart of San Juan were we stand between most of the guest points of interest such as Old San Juan, the downtown buisness district, major shopping malls and the Convention Center. We offer taxi service 24 hours a day and for those seeking a more economical way to get around we have a bus stop right in front of the hotel which runs every 15 to 20 minutes.

We have not received previous guest concerns on mobile phone coverage and believe this might be related to your phone carrier.

We hope that this stay did not affect your confidence in our brand an hope that you will still consider us should your travels ever take you back to Puerto Rico.