“From check-in through check out it was total delight to stay at this SUPERB Sheraton”

Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2010

From the moment you arrive you are welcomed by the educated valet guys... guest check-in is fast, serviceable, and received by a cordial smile. Lindsey Yeager was eager to help me and inform me of the great amenities, like the infinity pool, 24 hour gym facility, and must see SPA. Thank you!
Will always remember how friendly and professional Juan Carillo at the pool is! He should be the hotel's pr agent because he made me and my guests feel at home!!!! And he highly spoke of how amazing this hotel is and its management.

Great views, amazing pool area, clean rooms, dining is delicious (order the hamburger!-delicious), green options, starbucks coffee in the room, quiet for the ultimate sleep, comfy beds and pillows, room space is perfect, and it is centrally located... Couldn't ask for more! oh, and free wifi....

Employees here know their product and know how to represent SHERATON to a higher level! Bravo! Will make it my place of choice when I visit town!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank neroliflor
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Manager Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 13 July 2010
Wow! We’re very glad you enjoyed your Sheraton Experience. Thank you for your kind comments, they capture the very essence of our existence. We will make sure to recognize our staff that helped made your visit so memorable. We look forward to a time in the future when we may welcome you back.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Turkish first
New York
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Overall – an excellent experience. My husband and I were concerned with some of the reviews - but overall, we had great stay and we will definitely stay at this hotel on our next trip to Puerto Rico. Check-in was a joy. A very friendly agent assisted us. The room was a perfect size. Spacious with a very comfortable bed, large window with nice view, big flat screen tv, complementary coffee maker in the room with Starbucks coffee. Everything is new and you can tell, towels, pillows, furniture, bathroom…
The lobby and casino are very nice and lively. There are some great restaurants on the premises, but I suggest you rent a car to be able to go around and explore as there are too many areas just a short ride away. Sushi at the casino bar was one of the best we’ve ever had! The pool area was beautiful with a big infinity pool on a 4th level with an awesome view, very relaxing after a long day out. The spa was incredible! Totally worth it if you like spas!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimmiegsmith
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Manager representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 July 2010
We are very pleased you had such an excellent experience in our Hotel! It seems you really enjoyed the amenities we offer and experience every area of our property. Thanks for taking the time to write your comments abour our Hotel and hopefully will see you soon.
Surrey
Reviewed 1 April 2010

We stayed here for 1 night after a cruise. This hotel has great facilities. The room was spacious and very comfortable. There is an excellent swimming pool and outdoor bar with lots of sun chairs and tents for those who don't wish to sit in full sun.
We ate in the restaurant and had a most enjoyable dinner served by an extremely attentive waiter who explained local dishes to us. Breakfast was also very good. The reception staff were first class. There is free access to the net - most useful when reconfirming our flights home!
Only downside is that the hotel is a taxi ride away from the delightful Old San Juan and taxi fares are not cheap!

1 Thank bertiebuttons
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 April 2010
Thank you for your very thoughtful and positive review about your stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time with us. Wish you could have stayed longer. But we all will look forward to welcoming you back on your return at some time in the future.
New York
Reviewed 30 March 2010

Needed to spend a couple of days by the San Juan convention center. I am a Platinum SPG Member and did recieve an upgrade to a junior one bedroom suite. The hotel is fairly new and "clean" but unfortunately not up to the standards that it could be...

Issues: Our flight was extremely delayed and we didnt get to the hotel until 1am... Upon Check-In, there was only one person (which is fine at the time of night). He was respectful and nice but very stupid! He first couldnt find my reservation, after he found it he gave us a room with with 2 beds... I didnt find this out until i got into the room. To top off the agitation, It was a wheelchair accessible room type. We were really tired and was about to pass out but I went down and told him... He politely apologized, found my "real" reservation, then finally acknowledged my SPG status... then gave me an envelope which already had my name printed on it (he had failed to give it to me earlier) for breakfast/club privilages. The upgraded room was nice and spacious. Clean, crisp, new feeling. I wish the service felt the same.

In-room internet was way over priced for San Juan !!

Casino is... eh... nothing special... Half the time the tables are closed and practically empty.

Checking Out was a disaster!!! I literally waited 35 minutes on the horrendous line to check out!!!! About 5 people (25 mins) prior to my turn, I flipped out. I started yelling. There were only a couple of front desk personel with managers just standing around (behind them). With my yelling... they FINALLY started opening up the 3 other moniters!! I got applauses from people standing on the line!!!!!! When I got to the desk, I didnt get an apology nor a curteous response.. actually it was some bad attitude!! I asked to speak with a manager and he responded "Your looking at him"...
Pretty pathetic...

The sad thing is that the pool deck has a great infinity pool overviewing the conference center and a private airport. The spacious deck has ample seating and tanning areas. The outdoor bar was great as well.... The fitness center matched with the SPG standard with clean machines and amenities.

Location is not the best... but great if you need access to the conference center.

But because of the HORRIBLE service from the FRONT DESK i cannot in my good concious ever recommend this hotel to anyone. I am now looking at reviews and see the same comments... What a surprise... Not!!!! hehe .... Check out the Conrad or the Ritz.

Denmark
Reviewed 30 March 2010

arrived late but welcome at reception was fine - got a room with a constant noice probably from aircon - so had to change room after one night (took most of the day) - during that move i forgot a couple of shirts in one of the draws but did not find out until the day we left the hotel to go on a cruise - phoned the hotel - talked to some security guy who was not very happy to help and would not call me back - called again 2 days later same result, and I have now after my return home send the hotel 2 mails which they have not even replied to at all - just ignored me. I am going to San Juan again but I will NOT stay at this hotel and will not recommend any of you to stay there.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
MariaI-ExecAssistant, manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We certainly apologize for the inconveniences you went through. We will review your situation with our Security Department to make certain that such instances will not reoccur in the future. We encourage you to email us: prcc.sales@sheraton.com and provide more details about your stay (dates and room) in order to locate your belongings and return them to you.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 March 2010

The list of grievances is too long to fully enumerate in a review, but I feel it is important to share the key points so that others do not make the dreadful mistake of frequenting this hotel:
The Sheraton PR a) double and triple charged multiple credit cards belonging to a colleague with whom I traveled, causing them to be locked; b) withdrew over $1K in extra charges from my checking account without my knowledge or authorization (these charges had nothing to do with the cost of my room, and have yet to be explained by Sheraton management); c) did not return the money until I opened a fraud claim with Bank of America; and d) failed to produce a properly itemized receipt, which means I must fill out a missing receipt affidavit and may or may not be compensated for my lodging by the grant that supported my travels. Moreover, I spent hours over a period of two weeks on the phone with various personnel, including hours that should have been spent at the conference where I was presenting a paper.
On top of all this, the hotel itself was not even up to par: dirty coffee grinds in the coffee maker in our room upon arrival; nobody answering phones, including room service (in fact, my colleagues and I had to walk downstairs to the front desk to place an order for room service, because there was no one to take our call); no ink in the business center printers; et cetera. But these little nuisances paled in comparison to the disaster with billing and accounting. I have actually had to cancel my ATM card and open a new card with a different number for my own security, to prevent further unauthorized activity by the Sheraton PR.
I have strongly urged the University of Puerto Rico (which cosponsored the conference) not to use the Sheraton for any future professional meetings, and I will certainly spread the word among my colleagues at other universities throughout the United States. This experience has been a nightmare and I would not wish it on anyone.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
MariaI-ExecAssistant, Management Representative at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 April 2010
We welcome comments and observations from our guests and utilize such valuable input to enhance our services. Certainly we apologize to you if you found your room to be not as neat and clean as you might have expected. We encourage you to contact us at PRCC.Sales@sheraton.com and provide a phone number we may contact you and clarify the charges made to the credit cards. We will review the record of your stay at our hotel and will discuss the matter with our Accounting Department. Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to improve and correct our service and property and please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you had at our hotel.
East Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 22 March 2010

First off, the building is gorgeous. But thats were it ends. Service is the worst. First off, parking. You must park at a neighboring structure, which also services the convention center. Its right across the hotel. The problem was, that the hotel blocked off the 1st and 2nd floors "in case" they had high valet service. If you self park, you must start on the 3rd floor. This clearly show who they want to cater too, those customers that will valet, and not self park. High Valet traffic never materialized, but they still kept it blocked off.
Check-out. Morning check-out was horrendous. 1 person working both check out and phones. 4 valets outside waiting, but only one person at the counter, how does that make sense. After waiting 20 minutes to check out, I headed to the parking structure to retrieve my rental car. I was told by the parking cashier that I had to prove that i had already paid my previous parking nites, or that I would have to pay for all 5 nites at the moment. Since I had it added to my hotel bill, I had to produce it in order to show that I had paid the other days already. When did it become the customers job to show proof of previous nites payment. By far, some of the worst service ever.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
MariaI-ExecAssistant, manager at Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 24 March 2010
Your feedback is much appreciated and we thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Also, your comments have prompt us to meet with the company in charge of the parking operation. We certainly apologize for inconvenience at check out and will review your situation with the management of our Front Desk to make sure that such instances will not reoccur in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!