After staying at the Caribe Hilton one week earlier, I was hoping for a better experience. This hotel was awesome in every way. The service we experienced was great, top notch. We came with bags in hand from the cruise boat on Sunday morning around 10am. I was so happy to be accomodated and put into our rooms around noon! With a check in time of 3 pm I was very happy.
While we waited we went up to the 4th floor pool terrace area. The view of the cruise boats and Old San Juan was great and the infinity pool was very sharp. Everyone loved it. There was plenty of shade and even several private cabanas available. We got lunch from the pool bar/ restaurant area and were very happy with the food and service, excellent choices and better than expected food quality and price. A great start.
The rooms are very modern in decor and look very trendy and chic. There is plenty of room and the furniture is very good quality. A Sony flat panel TV? I was impressed. The benefit of staying in a hotel that is only 1 year old!
We left the hotel to go back and tour El Morro, and returned around dinner time. We got back to the welcoming hotel and settled in for dinner in the lounge area of the lobby rather than the restaurant. It was another great dining experience. The menu was diverse, the food was of great quality and the drinks were excellent. The archetecture of the lobby bar with its changing LED lights and hanging chandelier was awesome, again very trendy and chic. There is also a very nice casino in the lobby area if you into that.
The next morning we had a great breakfast in the Flavors restaurant in the lobby. Again, we had great service, and good mix of local and traditional breakfast fare and a fair price.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat. The location is convenient to Old San Juan by taxi and the hotel itself is really all you need right there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Identified as San Juan's modern urban resort, Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino is located just minutes away from historic Old San Juan, cruise terminals, easy access to business district and 12 minutes from the international airport. Our hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico features a comfortable and contemporary design, lavish 57,000 sq. ft. sun deck with infinity pool overlooking the Bay of San Juan, rejuvenating spa, the largest casino on the island, a variety of restaurants and gathering spots, all for a premier place for you to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel And Casino
- Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel San Juan