“Good Ameri-mexican Joint”

Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Puerto Rico's best authentic Mexican restaurant serving the freshest mexican food with only the best ingredients since 1984 in a festive environment. Come visit us with live mariachis on weekends and free valet parking.
Baltimore
“Good Ameri-mexican Joint”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I've been to Margarita's nearly a dozen times over the last 3 years, and having been there recently just before Thanksgiving, it's still as good as I remember it. While some of the menu items have changed, I always get the Pico de Gallo Artesanal - they mix up everything fresh tableside, and the avocado is always perfect. The totem burrito is also pretty good and filling, though perhaps a tad on the greasy side.

I agree with some of the reviews that the mariachi music is far too loud. It is, and it makes conversation nearly impossible, so I've made sure to go during times when I know they won't be there. I would also add that half the times I've been there has been with English speakers, and the waitstaff has been helpful and accommodating with them, so I'm surprised that others have had that experience.

• Visited November 2013

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Price is too high for the quality and taste of food and the overall experience”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

First thing, the tortilla chips, they taste like they were old, then the poor service from the waiter, after that the taste of food was boring, totally dull and on top of that we get our order wrong, I knew from past experience that Margarita's is a waste of time and money but I was attending a family event so I give it another chance just to validate they are not improving. I will definitely advise against this place.

• Visited October 2013
Los Angeles, California
“Horrible and super disappointing”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

As soon as you walk in ther receptionist and servers have no respect for you. NONE OF THEM SPEAK EVEN A LITTLE ENGLISH. We were seated and as we spoke in English our sever never understood a word. So we decided to say adios and leave the place. However another waitress came back saying we had to pay just to be seated which does not make sense. Very bad place got tourists as they don't care bout anything and talk among themselves and laugh. Avoid this place at all costs.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst experience in a restaurant ever!!!”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

A long time ago this place was good, now it has become the worst mexican food place in PR. Service was VERY unproffesional & unattentive, they were watching TV instead and talking amongst each other instead of waiting tables, we had to wait 10 minutes for water!. The quality of the food has noticeably gone down the tubes, the chips and tortillas were stale and the cheese was processed. It's a shame because we used to go all the time... Wouldn't recommend and will not come back.

• Visited July 2013
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
“Not good”
Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

The restaurant's atmosphere is very good, but there are always a lot of people waiting to be seated and service it's no good. Mariachis are TOO loud and it's impossible to have a conversation if they'are present. Food is regular, not so good. There are other mexican good restaurants in San Juan.

• Visited December 2012