“Super friendly staff”

Ranked #6 of 29 San Juan B&B and Inns
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Super friendly staff”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was in San Juan on business so this B&B right on the beach was not the most obvious choice. However, I really enjoyed it. It is located only a few steps from the beach and on walking/biking distance from the restaurants in the Condado area. There are bicycles at the hotel, a great way to explore the area. Because I was working, I did not get to enjoy the pool and the jacuzzis, but they must be a great addition for vacationers. The breakfast was served on a little patio. Nothing fancy but more than enough for me. And the owners are sooooo nice! This beats a boring business hotel for sure. The only reasons I am not giving 5 stars are the position on the shower head (way too low, I had to bend my knees to wash my hair and I am not that tall) and the lack of a desk in the room. The first 'down side' was probably only the case in my room, and the second... who needs a desk when on vacation? I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to vacation in San Juan and appreciates a personal approach.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank KellyPhilipse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Baltimore
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Our double occupancy room was, perhaps, 8 feet x 10 feet. Tiny enough that with a double bed, there wasn't enough space on the floor to place two medium-sized suitcases.

The front desk was nice and helpful, and the location adjacent to the beach was good. Breakfast was sufficient, if not anything notable.

Room Tip: Look at your room. If its has the interior space of a Smart Car, ask to get another.
1 Thank Jake O
etcruz, Owner at Tres Palmas Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Jake,
We are sorry you felt that way about our room. You stayed one night in Room #4 wich at 10' X 10' plus closet and a full private bathroom is the smallest of the hotel as stated in our Room Descriptions at the booking engine in our website. At Tres Palmas Inn we do our best to accomodate all the needs of our guests and I wished you haved come to us if you felt your room was too small so we could accomodate you in a room that would suit your needs. We show pictures of our rooms on our website and all the booking engines that we use so our guests can see the rooms they are booking before hand. We also provide Virtual Tours of the property where you can see a 360 Virtual Tour of the rooms and the property so you can decide which room you prefer before making your reservation. We have 18 rooms with different Sizes, Decorations, Shapes and Beds where you can choose from.

At Tres Palmas Inn we offer complimentary Continental Breakfast and it's mostly made of fresh Home Made products. We provide muffins, cakes, pastries, fresh fruits, bagels, cold cereal, juices, cofee, tea and others on a beautifull covered patio where you can see the ocean while you are having breakfast. It is included in the price of the room and if requested we can accomodate to your specific needs like glutten free, kosher and others.

If you decide to stay with us again don't hesitate to contact us so we can help you with all your needs and can accomodate you the way you wish.

Here in Tres Palmas we take pride in providing the best lodging experience possible at the best value for our guests!

Edwin
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I don't usually expect much from a hotel when i use hotels.com, I expect a fair price, decent service, and bland. Tres Palmas felt like I had found a hidden gem. The staff meets you at the front with refreshments immediately on arrival, makes you feel like you are at home immediately, and the good vibes continue throughout your stay. The owner, Edwin, the nicest guy ever, let my wife and I borrow some bikes to go down to Old San Juan. It was a great ride and eliminated the need to fight 2 hours to find a parking spot. Its nearly impossible to find a bike rental place so we felt priveleged when we didn't see any other visitors/travelers riding bikes, it was definitely the way to go. He also has other cool things he lends out like beach chairs with coolers on the back or boogie boards. To top everything off, there's two rooftop jacuzzis that look out right over the ocean. The perfect place to have a beer, day or night. Would I go back? Yes, I just did last week when I returned from the West coast of PR. I have never experienced such genuine care in making sure our stay was as great as it possibly could be. It was.

Room Tip: We did not have an oceanfront room, we stayed in rooms 2 and 4. Just call and ask which oceanfront r...
3 Thank Miles F
Winchester, Virginia
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have no idea why this hotel is listed under B&Bs -- we don't like B&Bs but we loved this beautiful small family-run hotel. The rooms come with a buffet continental breakfast which is served on a lovely covered patio. We stayed for 5 nights in room 2, then one more night in room 1 at the end of our trip. These rooms are small but very comfortable. My sister and her husband were in room 1 for the first part of our stay. We had a great time -- we really enjoyed the beach just to the east of the hotel, which is a very short walk away and is popular for kite-surfing. The new owners are AWESOME, as is the staff -- we felt right at home. We also joined the New Years party that another reviewer mentioned. Lots of restaurants are nearby in both directions -- Ocean Park and Isla Verde. We highly recommend this hotel -- enjoy!!

1 Thank anon58318
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2012

We loved this small place, very friendly,helpful staff. Beautiful decoration outside, pathways with all the plants,little fountains creating serenity and perfect atmosphere for relaxation.Beautiful view of the beach from patio were we enjoyed local beer.Beach towels,chairs and bikes were available. We staid only one night before our cruise on 7.01/8.01.2012.
Definitely recommend this B&B for everybody to stay any period of time.Hope to come back soon.

2 Thank Margaret G
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Just returned from a week of having my every need catered to by the friendly, helpful, considerate staff at this adorable B&B. Recent renovations and fresh paint create the perfect environment for relaxation. The ocean sings a soothing lullaby by night and invites adventure by day. The Tres Palmas supplies everything you could need to have a good time, whatever your speed: lounging in the hammock with the breeze tickling your neck, bodyboarding or swimming in the gorgeous blue waters, walking along the soft sands of the beach or taking in the sunset from the Jacuzzi - there is no wrong way to enjoy yourself here. I will definitely return for another holiday in paradise soon!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view.
3 Thank Happy T
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We loved this place, the owner and staff were friendly and accommodating.
The place was beautiful, fresh white and blue paint throughout, perfect seaside decor.
The garden plantings and paths were beautifully maintained, including a pretty fountain. I enjoyed watching the little yellow birds in the flowering hibiscus tree while I drank my coffee each morning on the breakfast patio.
I especially enjoyed relaxing in one of the hammocks with an ocean view.
The upper patio with Jacuzzis is spacious and a wonderful place have drinks or bring dinner looking out over the ocean.
The ocean is across a narrow street but can be seen from inside the hotel and you can hear the waves and feel the see breeze all the time.
They gave us beach-towels, boogie boards, bikes and beach chairs were available.
We were always happy to come back after exploring to this lovely place.
The feng shui of the place is nice, it makes great use of the ocean view in public spaces, feels open and cozy at the same time.
I took cards to recommend this place, I hope we can be back soon.

Room Tip: There is a beautiful room opening out to the upper patio that looks out over the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
CasaBlanca Hotel
CasaBlanca Hotel
#7 of 48 in San Juan
Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino

Been to Tres Palmas Inn? Share your experiences!