“Good staff, poor rooms.”
Review of Hosteria Del Mar

Hosteria Del Mar
Ranked #18 of 30 San Juan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We recently booked a room at this hotel the night before our departure from the island. The hotel lobby was very nice
and Josh greeted us with a smile and was really a nice receptionist. The inconvenience was at first the room. I booked a small standard room but sadly it was the worst room. It definetly needs to be remodeled. The walls were kind of dirty and the door from the inside seemed to be falling apart. Then I had an inconvinience with the hot water so I had to go ask front desk but thankfully Josh helped me right away with the water and let me know that since their water is heated by a solar heater it might take a while. When we finally showered we went out to dinner but found out their kitchen had closed at 10 so we had to go out to another restaurant for a meal. When we got back we heard the news that we had been upgraded to better room at their sister property Olive Boutique and then finally we had a great room. Overall, this property has a good location and their staff are very helpful but some of their rooms need a serious update.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Hosteria Del Mar

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Went to Hosteria for lunch and to spend the day at the beach. The staff was very inattentive and were not even willing to serve us as the beach even though we were renting their hotel chairs and umbrellas. We ordered from the restaurant an the food took more than an hour, after they came back 3 times to tell us that they did not have that item or ingredient back in the kitchen. The restaurant did not even have bread or wraps!!! when half of their menu include these items. It was a really disappointing experience. Overall service needs to improve and food inventory apparently as well. Seems to me that the hotel is short staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2013

After our trip back from Culebra islands we stayed here , the rooms were very clean room service was good ,it came with kitchen so we cooked our food .Its very close to beach with in steps away ,also close to nearby San Juan attractions El Morro,Old San Juan or just having San Juan PR local experience.
Recommend for stay to experience San Juan at a beatable value.

Room Tip: Be prepared for some traffic around, getting to the hotel can be tricky esp with GPS as entrance Oce...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was nervous going into this because it wasn't a common name. But our experience was fantastic. My wife and I were extremely please with the helpful service of Christopher at the front desk. Not only did he go out of his way to give us one of the best rooms in the hotel, but he helped us navigate good restaurants on our low budget. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to San Juan.

Room Tip: Take a room on the first floor that is facing ocean side.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My husband and I renewed our wedding vows at this beautiful beach venue. The space provided by the hotel was awesome. Felix was there along with Sonia from Healing Flowers,our wedding planner, to meet every need we had. The beach area was beautiful as was our private reception area. The food was delicious and the service by Felix impeccable. We are grateful that our memorable ceremony was held there. Thank you to all the staff..

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

It's no a four star hotel, but if you're looking for great beach time, close to good food joints this is great place. I stayed with my wife for a weekend and had a blast. It's a little bit small, but it's cozy and the service is good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank verdeguer
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I am a local wedding planner and I rented a private dinning area for a 40th anniversary for a destination couple. As always my experience in Hosteria del Mar is always fantastic as a regular customer. But as vendor was outstanding!!! I was so pleased of working with Felix, Waiter and Christopher, Event Coordinator, they were superb in every detail, service and preparation. I would recommend this hotel and dinning. Keep up the Great Service!!!!
SOnia

Caribe Hilton San Juan
#19 of 47 in San Juan
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Hosteria Del Mar? Share your experiences!