We recently booked a room at this hotel the night before our departure from the island. The hotel lobby was very nice
and Josh greeted us with a smile and was really a nice receptionist. The inconvenience was at first the room. I booked a small standard room but sadly it was the worst room. It definetly needs to be remodeled. The walls were kind of dirty and the door from the inside seemed to be falling apart. Then I had an inconvinience with the hot water so I had to go ask front desk but thankfully Josh helped me right away with the water and let me know that since their water is heated by a solar heater it might take a while. When we finally showered we went out to dinner but found out their kitchen had closed at 10 so we had to go out to another restaurant for a meal. When we got back we heard the news that we had been upgraded to better room at their sister property Olive Boutique and then finally we had a great room. Overall, this property has a good location and their staff are very helpful but some of their rooms need a serious update.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hosteria del Mar is located on the beach in one of San Juan's top touristic spots. Our ocean front rooms have an unforgettable view to the sea. All rooms have air conditioners, cable TV, Mini Bars and private baths. Try our breakfast, lunch and dinner at UVVA Restaurant where you may enjoy a unique gastronomic experience of local and International cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hosteria Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Del Mar Hotel San Juan
- Hosteria Del Mar San Juan
- Hosteria Puerto Rico