I'd give this place more like 2.5 stars. The location/beach is great, I loved it. The restaurant was actually really delicious (I only had apps and drinks to be fair). The rooms are pretty bad, and I am not a high maintenance person to say the least. We had a "side view" room of the beach, which was more like sliver view of the beach, but that's fine. The rooms other views were pretty nasty with a lot of standing water, thus tons of mosquitoes came in through the slates. Swatting mosquitoes while sleeping is awful. The bathroom door wouldn't close because the floor was uneven, and you had to use all of your might to pull it. The cable was constantly going in and out due to poorly configured wires. One gust of wind, the cables would move, and then really loud static ensued. But all in all, the price is about right for the place, and you're just sleeping there anyways!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hosteria del Mar is located on the beach in one of San Juan's top touristic spots. Our ocean front rooms have an unforgettable view to the sea. All rooms have air conditioners, cable TV, Mini Bars and private baths. Try our breakfast, lunch and dinner at UVVA Restaurant where you may enjoy a unique gastronomic experience of local and International cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hosteria Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hosteria Del Mar Hotel San Juan
- Hosteria Del Mar San Juan
- Hosteria Puerto Rico