My Husband and I stayed at the Marriott for three nights be for we moved on to another hotel in Dorado beach.
After a long journey from England we arrived quite late in the evening so we went straight for a snack and drink at the bar, the waitress service was quick and good, the beer and white wine was ice cold and the fish Tacos tasty and absolutely delicious.
The beds were extremely comfortable and we had three great nights sleep, we heard no noise from guest once we were in bed, The upstairs of the hotel is very quiet compared to the downstairs Casino and bar areas.
We didn't have breakfast included in our stay so we purchases breakfast from a little coffee counter just inside the Hotel lobby, they sold yoghurt, pastries, fruit etc
The Hotels Location is right on the beach and we were grateful that there was security staff on the hotel steps stopping none residence using the hotel as a walk through.
Along the beach is a mix of graffiti and boarded up hotels mixed in with renovated ones.
The Staff at the hotel are really friendly and helpful, We had good service and no problems with check in or check out.
At the front of the hotel are many restaurants, and I can recommend a Turkish restaurant called Ali Baba right opposite the Marriott. Other than the Fish Tacos that we had at the Marriott and the great meal we had in Alai Babas, we found the food in Puerto Rico a little bland and non description.
The Hotel pool has a swim up bar and although it's not terribly deep was deep enough for swimming, however the majority of people used it to congregate and enjoying a leisurely drink. (including me).
The town has a mix of shops Louis Vuitton, etc down to cheap and tacky ones. And we felt a little bit vulnerable although police presents are abundance and on every street corner.
The only negative thing I would say about the hotel is the lack of clarity over Happy Hour .
I'm not sure if this is the norm, but not all drinks are included in happy hour, Only Bacardi rum and corona beer are included and we didn't know until after receiving our drinks. We mention this on check out and they kindly refunded the difference.
We had a great stay and would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino