We (along with another couple) were staying at the hotel for two nights prior to leaving on a cruise. We chose this hotel because it is right on the beach and is a good location for walking to shopping and restaurants. We checked in on Thursday, November 14th. Check-in went quickly and we were presented with a welcome cocktail while we checked-in. At the concierge desk, Amaralis was quite helpful in recommending restuarants and making us a reservation at Ummo. Carlos and Enrique also chimed in with their 'favorites' at the restaurant and we did select some of their recommendations. The food at Ummo was wonderful. Amarilia also inquired if we were celebrating a special occasion. We explained that both couples celebrated our 30th anniveraries in September and we were on our anniversary trip. She sent a bottle of wine and a fruit and cheese tray to our room later that evening. We spent some time at the lobby bar Thursday evening and Yadira was wonderful. She was efficient and personable. We asked her about some of the drinks she was making and she gave us a sample of the Rum Island which resulted in the buying of a couple that night and the next.
Our room seemed a little warm Thursday afternoon, but it was facing the West side of the building and we closed our blinds and it was not uncomfortable. On Friday morning I decided the air conditioner was not working properly, so on our way out to tour Old San Juan I requested the front desk to send someone to check the air conditioner while we were out. Upon our return later that afternoon, our air conditioner would not come on at all. The message light was not lit up on our phone, so I called the front desk. They apologized profusely and almost immediately there was a knock at our door and two engineers with and air conditioning unit. Asking if we had gotten a message that the needed to replace our room's unit. We told them there was no message. They apologized for the inconvenience and said they needed about an hour to replace the unit. We just headed to the pool and when we returned, we had a nice cool room. Later that evening, we received another bottle of wine and a cheese basket along with a note from the engineer, Carlos Abreu, apologizing for the inconvenience and hoping we enjoyed the rest of our stay.
The staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. This is our third time to stay at this hotel, would recommend to others and will more than likely stay there again should we be in San Juan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan