My husband and I had been on a 7 day cruise, and stayed over in San Juan for 4 days. The first two days we stayed in Old San Juan then moved here for the last two days. It is a slightly disappointing for us having just spent time at El Convento, since we are a couple and it was so charming and romantic. This hotel is more modern, hip, and much bigger/busier, so I would say it is better for families or people who prefer those traits over smaller and charming. Also, rain and storms intensified over these two days so the beach wasn't the best place to be. So keep that in mind. However, this is a beautiful hotel. The lobby has been recently updated and is very nice. Check-in was very easy and as we are Platinum Elite they upgraded us to a nice, corner room that overlooked the city and mountains. It also had a balcony that overlooked the ocean. We were on the 11th floor. I will say I was a little disappointed in their turndown service. As is often the case these days in big hotels, they do it "on request only". They did not come when they were supposed to, but to their credit guest services stayed on it until they did, and followed up to make sure it got done. I also asked for it to be done for both nights of our stay, but they did not come the second night and I decided not to deal with it. Also, they actually didn't turndown the bed. They freshened the bathroom and closed the drapes.
As I said the beach is small and while the walk on the beach is nice, it is not a long one. We really didn't like how all the beach lounge chairs where crowded so close together. We opted to use the pool area. It is very nice with great servers, but at times it got so busy that the two of them could barely keep up. Pedro especially was very friendly. We went for breakfast at the La Vista Latin Grill one morning and it was very good. The Coffee Merchant in the lobby was okay. I ordered an Americano and I am sure it was brewed coffee and not espresso with hot water added. I went to the Starbucks across the street the next morning. The concierges were very lively and helpful. We went into the casino one night, and found it to be more relaxed than it would be in Las Vegas. We enjoyed it. We went to two restaurants in the area for dinners and they were both EXCELLENT. The first was Raos by Piccolo E Posto. It was one of the best Italian meals we have ever had, shock! The second was Yerba Buena. They had great Puerto Rican food, atmosphere and very friendly staff. They stay busy so I would recommend reservations. We went to Blondas for breakfast and it was so good, although a little expensive.
It costs about $15 each way to Old San Juan (w/o luggage), $19 with 4 pieces of luggage, and $21 to the airport with luggage. Overall, we probably would go back there again, but if we had more time we most likely would go to a beach that was more picturesque and not as crowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan