Our first time to PR. We were in PR for a wedding. The property is located in the middle of Ashford Street which has restaurants and bars to the left and right. If you do not feel like eating in the hotel, take a walk and you will find many nice places to grab a bite. The beach is groomed every morning. Hit the beach and you will have a lounger and an umbrella in no time. The staff is courteous and friendly. The room we stayed in was more than adequate.
The hotel is busy. There were various prom dances during our stay which made for a crowded lobby at times. Nothing, however, like the crowd watching the Cotto boxing match on June 7. We decided to go down to the lobby to watch the fight as the hotel had set up TVs everywhere expecting a big crowd. They got one. The place was jammed. When Cotto's opponent failed to come out for the 10th round, the place went up for grabs. It was a stadium atmosphere. Awesome!
The pool area has a nice slide although the lower level pool could be a slight bit deeper. It is not a swimmer's pool.
The casino is small and the video poker machines were very tight. But, it's not Vegas so one can't be disappointed with a small casino. Old San Juan is about a 10 minute drive. The airport is about 15 mins away. We needed a late check out and, unlike some other hotels, when I asked for a late check out, I received a "sure" with a smile and not made to feel as if I was some sort of criminal for asking. Overall, a great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino