We visited the Marriott Stellaris in early August 2014. I visited the resort with my grandmother and two small children. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very welcoming. Prior to arrival, I was notified on my Marriott app that I could check-in prior to our arrival. The app was great and asked about what time we would arrive, even though this was prior to regular check-in. We arrived around 2pm, and our keys and room were ready to go! I would say that if you don't have the App, get it, since it was very helpful with check-in traveling with a group. The rooms are very clean and modern and the view was amazing (we stayed on the 16th floor)-oceanview! I would've liked for the beds and room to be a little bigger as it was a little uncomfortable sleeping with my children and all their movement on a full-size bed.
The pools were very kid-friendly and the slide was a hit. Lots of action going on in the hotel for adults also. At night, the vibe was very nice with the music and casino. I noticed that there were many people staying at the hotel which was nice. I didn't feel that it was hard to get through things or get things even with the amount of people staying at the resort. I would say though that it would be nice for there to be more "kid-friendly" activities set at the resort. The kids had fun, but there are not many organized activities for them. They do have some things for kids, but it's not like staying at a "resort" like Beaches were you have a calendar of events to choose from.
The beach was very nice and clean. The waves were definitely killer for the kids, but I kept a close eye on them and they enjoyed the water and sand. The hotel workers were great with setting up chairs and umbrellas when you need it! I would suggest getting the "Shaker cup" they sell at the pool bars. It's $20.00 and you could probably get 3-4 mixed drinks from it to share, and then re-fill it for $10.00.
The Condado area is nice. I feel though that the city could work on the sidewalks and fix many holes and cracks. My grandmother fell across the street from the hotel, and it really ruined her vacation. The places around this hotel are really good. Walgreens, CVS, Starbucks, a great burger place across the street with great beer selections!
We traveled to the Fort and had a great time! I would suggest taking a cab and exploring on your own. It's cheaper if you have a big group to do that, unless you want an air-conditioned bus following you around. My kids and I had a great time walking around Old San Juan, and enjoyed all the sites.
If I were to travel back, I would definitely stay at the Stellaris; hoping they up their game on the activities at the hotel for kids though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan, find the spectacular San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino. Our resort in San Juan, Puerto Rico sits in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars. The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club. Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge. Come and enjoy the comfort and atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino