“Great stay in San Juan!”

San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We visited the Marriott Stellaris in early August 2014. I visited the resort with my grandmother and two small children. The hotel is very clean and the staff are very welcoming. Prior to arrival, I was notified on my Marriott app that I could check-in prior to our arrival. The app was great and asked about what time we would arrive, even though this was prior to regular check-in. We arrived around 2pm, and our keys and room were ready to go! I would say that if you don't have the App, get it, since it was very helpful with check-in traveling with a group. The rooms are very clean and modern and the view was amazing (we stayed on the 16th floor)-oceanview! I would've liked for the beds and room to be a little bigger as it was a little uncomfortable sleeping with my children and all their movement on a full-size bed.

The pools were very kid-friendly and the slide was a hit. Lots of action going on in the hotel for adults also. At night, the vibe was very nice with the music and casino. I noticed that there were many people staying at the hotel which was nice. I didn't feel that it was hard to get through things or get things even with the amount of people staying at the resort. I would say though that it would be nice for there to be more "kid-friendly" activities set at the resort. The kids had fun, but there are not many organized activities for them. They do have some things for kids, but it's not like staying at a "resort" like Beaches were you have a calendar of events to choose from.

The beach was very nice and clean. The waves were definitely killer for the kids, but I kept a close eye on them and they enjoyed the water and sand. The hotel workers were great with setting up chairs and umbrellas when you need it! I would suggest getting the "Shaker cup" they sell at the pool bars. It's $20.00 and you could probably get 3-4 mixed drinks from it to share, and then re-fill it for $10.00.

The Condado area is nice. I feel though that the city could work on the sidewalks and fix many holes and cracks. My grandmother fell across the street from the hotel, and it really ruined her vacation. The places around this hotel are really good. Walgreens, CVS, Starbucks, a great burger place across the street with great beer selections!

We traveled to the Fort and had a great time! I would suggest taking a cab and exploring on your own. It's cheaper if you have a big group to do that, unless you want an air-conditioned bus following you around. My kids and I had a great time walking around Old San Juan, and enjoyed all the sites.

If I were to travel back, I would definitely stay at the Stellaris; hoping they up their game on the activities at the hotel for kids though.

Room Tip: The resort fee includes wi-fi and it worked well for the devices we had. Kids were able to stream t...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Elizabeth R
HansRohrbein, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Elizabeth R;

We are delighted to hear about your great vacation at our property. We are happy to learn that you took advantage of our Marriott Mobile App and that you had the opportunity to get your room prior to our check in time. We will share your observations regarding activities for kids with our Recreations department in order to identify areas of opportunity. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I cannot express the thanks myself and my family feel to the entire staff of this hotel. My grandmother suffered a fall during our day visit to the old city of San Juan from our cruise ship. Unfortunately she tripped and fell, resulting in a fractured bone that was in need of surgery. We are from Canada and we badly needed a flight home and a place to stay. The staff, Ibet at the front desk and the manager Hans-Georg, worked over hours to book flights for us to come home, they extended our stay at no charge, and even the room service man, Kevin, were so nice and accommodating. We were stranded in a foreign city, but we never felt more at home. The hotel was clean, beautiful and in a perfect location for tourist activities. We will never forget the kindness shown to us by the entire staff of the Marriott and the beautiful city of San Juan. We hope to come back under better circumstances, and there is no where else we would rather stay: thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014
7  Thank JaleesaHawco

Dear JaleesaHawco;

Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing feedback from your recent experience at our property. We are thrilled to hear that you were “completely blown away” with our service.
We hope that your grandmother is doing better!

We will share your amazing review with all of our associates! See you soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The people are great! Myriam and Rita at pool towel hut were so friendly. Myriam rescused a bird and it lives at the hut, don't miss it! Its name is Marriott the Survivor and she will tell it how to behave and the bird actually listens. I promised her I would post this online, so here it is! The towel hut has sunscreen for free, provided by the Manager I think. I have never seen that before! The casino is nice but can get crowded. It can be hard to get drinks as there are not many servers. They were all nice, but Betsy was the best. She comes back to see if you need more. The casino was the main reason I chose this hotel. No one mentioned that in San Juan the casinos bring food to your slot machine for free if requested. I have never heard of such a thing. They have 3 great sandwiches to choose from. Now the beer...not very good. It is draft and in very small cups. By the time you tip each time you would be better off bringing your own. Which you can actually do I found out! By the entrance to the casino there is a table with cups and you can pour your beer into it. Again, it is the small cup so I saved a larger clear cup from the pool and used that. There are 3 other casinos within walking distance. I actually won a few times too. The area is ok. I was saddened to see several homeless people, especially the ones who live right in front of the Walgreen's door. On the beach, there are 2 guys who pull a cart and sell some sort of frozen ice cream. I was told they do not own these carts. They start at 7 am and leave at 6pm. It costs $2...for each they sell they get to keep $1. So they might make $30 a day for standing out in that heat all day long. They are from the Dominican Republic and send a lot of what they make back to their families. For each dollar, they have to pay 30 cents so actually they are making 70 cents per sale. I just went up to one guy and gave him money, he was so grateful. I am writing all this which has nothing to do with the hotel because it was all surprising and unless you ask, you would never know. There are also cheap places to eat around the hotel. If you have not been, you should definitely go! The staff is great, management is excellent, pool was clean. And look for Rita and Myriam at the towel hut with Marriott the Survivor!

Room Tip: Do not choose a street view, the view is not that great. I am cheap, but the upgrade to the ocean v...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kyboyinoh
Hans R, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear kyboyinok;

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time with us. We will definitely share your amazing comments with our associates especially Miriam and Rita as they will be very happy to hear that they made your stay a special one.

We would love to see you back very soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

My first visit in San Juan Puerto Rico and diffently my last!!! This hotels service was horrible! Every person who helped me either had a additude from hell or just straight up had no experience what good customer service was. I was in Puerto Rico for 3 weeks after 5 nights at this hotel I had to check out I couldn't stand the elevators smelling like urine... from my experinces with traveling all over the world and always choosing the marriot for my first choice NEVER again will I stay at one my reservation was messed up! I was forced to stay at the airport for my last night in Puerto Rico sleeping on the floor because of their mistake of not properly registering my reservation!!!! NEVER AGAIN !!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Pjj777
HansRohrbein, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Pjj777:

We are extremely disappointed to know that our Resort did not meet your expectations. Thank you for your feedback, should you decide to give us a second chance please contact us directly at mhrs.sjupr.social.media@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Marriott and Stellaris Casino exceeded my expectations. The staff at the front desk all the way to the casino dealers are some of the nicest people I've met. We had a very nice room with a very big balcony overlooking the beach and the city. We loved it so much we are going back in January. Definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank luis g

Dear luis g;

We are excited to hear that you recently stayed with us during your vacation in Puerto Rico. We are delighted to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that we will be seeing you again in January – we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff was very helpful and attentive. The facilities were also great and there location was very convenient since there are many restaurants in walking distance and a CVS/ Walgreens near by. Ester at the spa & fitness provided us with excellent service. Our flight wasn't till 7PM, so we were able to enjoy the beach/ pool & spa facilities during the day and then get ready for our flight. This was very convenient!!

Room Tip: rooms with ocean front views are worth it!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank sheriem85

Dear sheriem85;

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your wonderful review. We are thrilled to learn that your vacation stay was “amazing” and that you were able to enjoy our beach, pool and spa. We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

excellent service from the people of the hotel all the way to the restaurants from breakfast with our server Sunny who try his best to dinner excellent service my family and i we will defiantly go back.

Room Tip: all views is a breath taking.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Lola768
HansRohrbein, General Manager at San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Lola 768;

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that you had a “dream vacation”!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
The Condado Plaza Hilton
The Condado Plaza Hilton
#24 of 47 in San Juan
Dorado Beach, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve

Been to San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!