My husband and I just returned from a quick trip to San Juan for the Rolling Stones Concert... which was fantastic, however our hotel choice was the pits, outragous in price $330 base rate, after a movie, a quick phone call, and 2 glasses of wine and taxes $466!!! One night, The Ritz it was not, Check in, hands full, no one to open the door, the lobby, where the bar tables practically meet you at the door were covered with reserved signs, there was a private party later there that night, in the very small Lobby!, not at all elegent like The Ritz, Caribe Hilton, or El COnvento where we often stay. Long lines at the check in, luggage everywhere, apparantly the cruise passangers are fond of this place, at check in our guaranteed king size bed was not available, 2 doubles, not at that price, eventually they did change our room, large bed, very small balcony, view of the very crowded pool, no chairs available and the packed beach, chairs side by side. Upon returning to the hotel after the concert (asked if the hotel could recommend transportation, they could not) we found the lobby full, all those who had attended the private party, and tons of locals dancing to salsa, standing room only, no seats for the guests, upon grabbing a table after a couple left, 20 minutes went by, we asked waiters to stop, got the "just a minute" they never returned, my husband went to the bar and asked for a drink in Spanish, he was told to sit and wait for the waiter, exasberated, I went to the bar and in English requested 2 glasses of wine and was served, 30 minutes after starting out, I timed it, we then went in the Casino where they had a noodle bar, ordered appetizer's, and when we tried to order dinner were told it would be at least an hour! Apparently the Noodle bar was servicing another dining area turning out frozen chicken fingers and french fries, exhausted and starved we returned to our rooms, skipped breakfast the next moring, breakfast was not included, room service prices started at $15 per person, based on our prior nights experience we decided not worth it, we checked out and headed to our favoirite Spanish bakery in Ocean Park. Typically you would expect a Marriot to offer above average service, clearly this was not the case, this sold out hotel herded their guests like cows while accommodating a local clientel as well, compounding the overcrowded facility and overwhelmed staff, look elsewhere like Caribe Hilton, Interconttinental, RItz, Condado is a fun area, the new hotels they are building look beautiful, the MArriot should look into beefing up or I expect will be loosing many customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only five miles from Luis Munoz International Airport, located in the prestigious Condado neighborhood of San Juan in a highly desirable beachfront location only minutes from numerous restaurants and bars.The property boasts 513 spacious guest rooms and 12 suites, most with spectacular Atlantic Ocean views; the 24 hour Stellaris Casino on site, two outdoor pools, two lighted tennis courts and Ocean Club Wellness Center that features a wide array of massages and treatments in addition to the health club.Food & Beverage offerings include La Vista Latin Grill, La Isla Beach Bar & Grill, La Isla Pool Bar, Wan Chai Noodle Bar, Coffee Merchant and the ultra chic Red Coral Lounge.Come and enjoy the comfortand atmosphere of everything this "Caribbean Cosmoplitan Beach Club" has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott San Juan Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott San Juan Resort & Stellaris Hotel San Juan