“This is a great resort.”

Caribe Hilton San Juan
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in San Juan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 June 2011

This resort was a lot of fun. Our room was very nice so maybe we had an updated room. We also stayed at the El Conquistador and this place was so much better. The pool and beach facilities were really fun. The pool had several different levels with a swim up bar, an infinity pool, etc. There was a really nice hammock area. Check out the fish feeding area on the dock at night. There is a spotlight on the water and we saw some really big and scary fish come up. I am glad I wasn't in the water. The hotel is very close to old San Juan but I would recommend getting a car. It is very easy and cheap to park in a garage in Old San Juan and with a car, you can avoid eating in the expensive hotel restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Calliope_123
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2011

Thank you, for your wonderful review about our hotel, we really appreciate that you took some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. This is a great motivation for our staff to continue delivering great service. Thank you again for your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,209)

Reviewed 5 June 2011

I highly recommend this hotel.the pools are awesome ,the beach is great for swimming ,the grounds are so clean and relaxing.front desk employees were very corteous.we first got there they gave us a room w no view and two double beds.i called the front desk and asked to for king bed .they change my room
Right the way and gave not only king bed but an ocean view w a smile.Loved it.the rooms are nice .the bed was sooo comfortable.The drinks at the pool bar was the best ,expensive of course like every hotel.$10
For a Pina colada or mojito.$8 for a beer,$14.50 for a hamburguer .But everything tasted really good.it was a very relaxing weekend :)

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank NRNYC

Thank you for sharing you wonderful experience with us! This is a great motivation for our staff! We really appreciated your recomendations!

Reviewed 5 June 2011

My bf and I spent the second week of May vacationing at the Caribe Hilton. We had a great time and aside from the completely unneccessary resort fees the Hilton tacked on since the last time I visited I don't have any real complaints.

We had an ocean view room on the 6th floor with a balcony that overlooked the fort on property. The room was clean, quiet and had plenty of towels/amenities. Housekeeping was on top of things - we never came back to an unmade room.

The beach and pool area were very clean and had more than enough chairs for everyone. The hotel only seemed to be about 50-60% full so no one had to fight for space.

We mostly ate out for dinner but indulged in the breakfast buffet at Palmeras and lunch at the Atlantico Pool Bar. Food and drinks were as pricey as I remembered but portions are large and they don't skimp on the liquor in the mixed drinks. The servers were all friendly and quick (except for beach service where they only had one poor woman covering the entire beach and pool area. She was very nice but getting a drink took forever!)

We walked into Old San Juan for dinner twice and I can highly recommend both Barrachina and Marmalade.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chsmith

Thank you for giving us is your feedback! It's great that you gave us a sencond chance to prove that we can deliver great customer service! The resort fee is a service charge to all our guest and includes: Beach towels, Beach chairs, Beach activities, Coffee and Tea on the room. Thank you again, we really appreciated.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

My wife and I had a few days before our cruise to explore old san juan and we did enjoy the caribe very much. We stayed 3 nights in an oceanview room and it was very old and outdated to say the least. However we stayed 1 extra night on the end of the cruise and we stayed in the garden view rooms (new part of hotel) and I must highly recommend staying in those rooms for two reasons 1.cheaper, and 2. Much much nicer than you can imagine. The bed was incredible and the bathroom was very nice as well. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but only if it were in the garden view wing! Also right as u get to the elevators and go out into the garden there is a little restaurant called lemongrass GO THERE the food and service is very good. Also the garden is very beautiful with peacocks, koi ponds, and all kinds of birds and animals almost feels like your at the zoo.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank dontgrowontrees

Thank you for taking some of your time to share your experience with us. We are deeply glad that you enjoyed our newley renovated rooms of the Garden Building. We are schedule to renovate our Main Building this year as well for the enjoyement of everybody. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

The Caribe Hotel San Juan is a nice open-lobby hotel with a hip bar, a few restaurants inside and a beautiful multi-level pool and private beach. They have plenty of lounge chairs and hammocks to relax in outside. Their claim to fame is that the piña colada was invented there.

• Stayed: May 2011
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2011

Thank you for your feedback! We really appreciated!! We take pride in our property, it makes us so glad that you enjoyed it! Thank you again!

Reviewed 3 June 2011

The open air lobby where you check in is a great way to be welcomed to San Juan and the Caribbean. The hotel property is large and includes numerous restaurants, a massive pool area, and beach. The rooms are large and clean but slightly outdated. Carpet was slightly worn, and bathrooms are large but again a little dated. Beds are comfortable and pillows are firm. The A/C was cold but a little noisy. Halls have that great island smell, a combination of humidity, sun tan lotion, salt water and sand. Only two elevators mean you could wait awhile especially during the day if there's a conference going on. Rooms have balconies and ours had views of the resorts beach and rooftops of historic San Juan could be seen in the distance. The pool is great with pools on multiple levels and swim up bar. Lots of towels and chairs seem abundant enough to handle any size crowd(I was there in slow season). The bar claims to have invented the Pina Coloda but that is up to some debate. Restaurants on site include a Morton's Steakhouse, as well as an Italian restaurant and an Asian/Latin fusion restaurant. Starbucks and other shops(souvenir, shoe, Hertz, etc) are located in the lobby. I liked that the Oasis bar in the lobby isn't open during the day which forces you to the outside bar. On site parking garage is some what expensive at around $14 every time you exit. The staff is great all around, the concierge, the check in staff, the bartenders, the pool attendants, everybody! I'd recommend this hotel and would consider it on any return visit.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SHFT54
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2011

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we really appreciated. We are in fact in the beginning the remodalation of our Main Building. It makes us so proud that you enjoyed our facilities. About the parking fee is a one time charge per night of $16.05 including taxes. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 3 June 2011

I had been to Caribe Hilton , San Juan on a business trip.

Situated right on the beach this is one of the best places in the world to stay in.
The ambience and rooms are just perfect and luxurious. I was housed at the 15th floor with an entire wall (the balcony wall) made of glass and overlooking the Atlantic ocean!

Very Comfortable beds, clean spacious rooms and friendly staff, willing to give you the best customer experience.

There is one thing I cannot forget - It was my last day there and I was checking out in the next hour. I called the reception to locate a microwave to heat up the pizza I had in my fridge. They said the rule is to Book the microwave first and that I needed to go down to another part of the building for the microwave, for which I said "Never mind, I'll eat the pizza cold... I'm checking out in an hour and don't have time". They did hang up but the manager himself came up to my room WITH the microwave and asked me to heat up my pizza!How sweet is that! I really wish I'd asked him his name!

The restaurants, shops and pools (hot and cold) are all a delight to indulge in!
Check out the official video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEKL5IlpBoo
This is one of the best hotels - expensive but worth every penny!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business