I have followed the reviews for the Caribe Hilton since booking plane tickets to SJU last fall. I was worried about some of the posts, but we had a perfect experience! We had a king corner suite ocean view (upgraded from garden view) and it fit our family of 5 perfectly. The pullout couch was one of the most comfortable we have encountered in a hotel suite, and the rollaway was a real bed. The suite was clean and there were no signs of mold or a smell as other reviewers noted. The view was spectacular.
Everything mentioned in the reviews about the restaurants is true. At Morton's Happy hour, our family could eat a sizable amount for under 80.00, and it was delicious. The Subway, albeit a little sketchy, (the sign on the market next door says in spanish that they refuse to allow persons of ill repute in!) was a great spot to grab lunch and bring it to the beach. I noticed a sign at Caribe Hilton which said a Quiznos was opening in the resort soon. Starbucks also had good sandwiches and a PR delicacy called "quesitos" for a snack. We went to Old San Juan in a cab one morning (14.00) and only stayed for two hours because we found it more enjoyable and relaxing to eat sandwiches in the pool area. The concierge has a list of pizza delivery place and there is also pizza in the lobby bar.
The activity board near the towel hut has things like "free float hour" or "yoga" listed daily. The beach was clean and the amount of waves/tide was enough to play in as well as snorkel. My daughter counted over 20 varieties of fish. I brought snorkel gear from Target at home and was glad I did because we snorkeled every day for 3 days and it was expensive to rent. I noticed that they sold it in the giftshop for 25.00, which was about what I paid at home, so you could buy it when you arrive as well. We had so much fun at the private beach that we opted to cancel our rainforest tour and stay on site. We had the pool to ourselves each night and I saw it being cleaned each morning. There are animals on site, the kids were thrilled to hear the coqui frogs at night and see the tame iguanas during the day.
I would like to recognize Mildred at the front desk and Mayte via email for arranging the suite for us. We would like to replicate this trip every spring!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel