“Magnicent with Impeccable Service Staff”

Caribe Hilton San Juan
Ranked #21 of 46 Hotels in San Juan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
“Magnicent with Impeccable Service Staff”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

A grand updated old hotel with staff that go out of their way to be friendly and efficient as well as unobtrusive The beach staff helped to set up and provided the needed accoutrements Very clean well kept grounds Centrally located to areas of Old San Juan

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JuanFra G
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Hello! thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton as your home away from home in beautiful Puerto Rico. We hope you had a wonderful stay and look forward to your promt return.

thank you for your comments.

at your service

Nelson Torres, Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,556)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The was many gut they all looked very nice and clean. We ate at the smallest and found the help was very helpful and nice. They wrote so friendly and the food was great. Recommended to all. The place was clean and very nice we traveled through old San Juan an had a great time other than it was raining,

1 Thank Dbd1234
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Hello, thank you for staying with us and for your comments. It delights us to hear that you enjoyed your time and our restaurants. We hope you return soon!

We are at your service,

McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is a beautiful resort. the lobby is open air with tropical parrots in a cage, and decorated with a carribean flair. the check in process was fast and our room was clean with a great view. the grounds are nicely landscaped, and the tropical gardens have peacocks, swans, even iguanas walking freely around the area. the pool area is big with plenty of deck chairs/loungers, and a seperate area with hammocks and additional deck chairs, with lots of palm trees for shade. the private beach is nice and there are bathrooms nearby, as well as towels to use while there. we saw the children's play area, which looked to be well tended with the normal play ground furnishings, but was not anything we needed. We loved our stay here and can't think of a thing which needed changing. i would definetly recommend the Caribe Hilton to anyone.

Room Tip: there is a bus stop to Old San Juan about 2 blocks away. It's a lot cheaper than a cab.
2 Thank thomas451
Hi! thank you very much for staying with us and for your kind comments. It makes us really happy to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed our facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back soon

at your service,

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Staff was exceptional throughout our stay. Delightful grounds - pool, beach, aviary, close to interesting places to walk to, both urban and natural. I felt safe and relaxed - really enjoyed it. The prices in the restaurants on the property were too high, but we found local places pretty quickly that offered superb cuisine at very reasonable prices.

• Stayed May 2014
Hello! thank you for choosing the Caribe Hilton for your recent stay in Puerto Rico. We hope that you and your family had a good time. Thank you for your comments.

We look forward to your return

Northants
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ok , so the staff all try hard; wouldn't critics them at all.

Our room was damp ( the carpet in our room was soaking ….a shower leak I guess). the wifi log on needed tech support to work, a coffee took forever from the restaurant and everywhere was just that bit shabby.

Shame as the location is great but this needs some investment.

3 Thank Roger L
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. I was disappointed to read from your review that you found your room in this conditions. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues are corrected. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I spent a week at this hotel we went to the pool bar daily . Hiram was great his customer service was excellent. On Friday we were there he wasn't t and. We. We're served by Manuel. I asked if he old play music he told me no. Another patron asked he told him to listen to his cellphone like I was doing. I asked if I could s peak with a manger about it Manuel told me I needed to walk over to the other building to speak to a manager, Manuel went on to say to me that the manger would also say no . I told him I didn't feel that was appropriate I asked for the bar manager, Manuel continued to be rude to me eventually he stated that he would bet the manager when he had time even though he wasn't doing anything at the time. Eventually he got the bar manager who immediately turned on music for us. I felt Manuel was rude and I found the whole experience to be an unnecessary stressful event during my vacation . That's what hospitality is all about it was a small thing that he could have done to enhance our vacation . I was very disappointed . This shouldn't happen at a Hilton property! Vacation is about making memories and experiences this shouldn't have been part of mine. Manuel needs to better training regarding customer service and hospitality . We spent a lot of money to stay at this hilton. My room was run down, the grounds was rundown compared to my visit four years ago. The majority do the staff were mediocre . I was disappointed :-(

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank C P
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us. However, I can very much empathize with your situation and assure you that I have taken your comments and shared it with our management team.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Decatur, Alabama
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This hotel complex is very nice. Wonderful pool area. Nice grounds. I had a room in the tower building. It was a bit small, but had an amazing bathroom, as I've been told all the rooms in the tower do. Nice balcony overlooking the ocean. But even on the 17th floor, a lot of the view was blocked by the other building and roofs of the convention areas. Tower rooms are scheduled to be renovated in a couple of years. A few little quirks....I got the bed and breakfast plan, and basically they charge you for the breakfast and then they take it off your bill. I did have to go to the desk to have 1 of the 4 day's breakfast removed from the bill. Parking was hard to understand as far as when and who validated your parking ticket, etc. Meal prices are a little higher, but that probably has more to do with being in Puerto Rico than this hotel specifically. The Pina Colada Club had a good menu and great prices. But all in all very nice, the staff are all very helpful, and its a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: I would almost recommend a room in the original building...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!