First off: This place must have been here for ages and it does show its age in some places. I did stay in one of the renovated wings of the Hotel, which were nice and offered stunning views.
The service overall was nice (though I was surprised to find that they don't offer Hotel slippers) and the amenities are excellent: great pools, decent private beach, nice gardens, restaurants to fit every budget and, what I used the most, an outstanding fitness centre (among the best free Hotel fitness facilities I've seen).
Prices at the convenience store have a hefty markup compared to the rest of PR -- my tip: Go to the "Tropical Convience Store" just three houses away from the Parking Garage. They have normal PR prices (i.e., many times less).
My guess is that guests are either there for conferences (incl. me) or families, and it's great for both. I would say it's less ideal if you want to explore San Juan or PR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel