My family stayed here on our last night in Puerto Rico. I convinced my husband to leave the UTOPIA of the El Con Resort in Fajardo so that we could visit old San Juan for a day before we left. What a mistake in staying here!
First we arrived at noon and upon arrival were told our room probably would not be ready until 4. In our experience with early checkin we can usually safely check our bags and when the room is ready the bags are brought up to the room. Not here, they literally stay on the curb until your room is ready and then you are responsible for bringing them up. Because we wanted to see Old San Juan our choices were to either forgo the visit or take a chance with our bags sitting on the curb all day with no security. In fact we tested this by having my husband go over an hour later and open one of the bags and no one asked for proof the bag was his. In the end we "tipped" a bell boy to have them stored inside an office until our return. We were concerned our bags would not be safe.... little did we know the staff was more of a concern then the traffic going in and out of the hotel!
Our rooms (we had two adjoining) were beautiful, clean and the view as terrific. It's too bad that the incredibly loud guests kept us up all night. (screaming and yelling). At one point we had to ask security (1:30am) to talk to them so we could get some sleep. I have never seen people behave so poorly at a hotel, screaming day and night, from balcony to balcony. No respect for others.
The hotel safe is very high in the closet and unfortunately in our rush to make our flight we left my wallet behind. My husband emptied the safe (or so he thought) but because it is so high and we are not tall he did not see the wallet pushed to the back. Yes this is our error, however We IMMEDIATELY called the hotel and left messages regarding the wallet and were lucky that TSA allowed us on our flight. I worked with the front desk manager and Anna in lost and found and can't say enough about how well I felt they handled the wallet. They were top notch! Anna took care of sending the wallet back to me and I had it within 3 days of our visit. The biggest disappointment was that although the contents of the wallet were confirmed at the front desk, somehow the money went missing while in the hands of the security department. How ironic.
I called the Hotel manager regarding this matter and Nelson was quick to respond, however he promised to get back to us regarding the "missing" cash within a few days and we have heard nothing since. Our conversation was pleasant, I was sure to compliment the staff that was helpful, I just wanted the matter resolved in a appropriate way. It would be nice if a credit in the amount that was taken was applied to our stay but since I haven't head a thing since our first contact I'm assuming it is no longer a priority to Nelson or the management team.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Prestigia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel