Caribe Hilton San Juan
US$383
US$354
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Tres Palmas Inn(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
US$360
US$311
  • Pool
CasaBlanca Hotel(San Juan)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
7,224 results
All reviewsprivate beachpina colada clubmorton's steakhousehilton honors towergarden wingmain buildingtropical gardenthe open air lobbyswim up barocean viewpool areabeautiful propertyhotel restaurantscab ridenice beachconcierge deskcondado area
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The views are out of this world. The lobby opens up to the ocean that is amazing. The staff is awesome and the grounds spectacular. Downside is the rooms are dated but great beds. I have stayed there 4 times and have not been sorry I went...

Room Tip: Parking is $22 daily and taxes are 18% I believe
3  Thank RObert512014
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

First off let me preface this by saying that I have been a loyal Hilton customer for many years. I stayed at the caribe hilton many times after it was redone in 2005 through 2009. The service was always great and hotel was very clean. That was not the case this time.

My fiancé and I decided to take a short 5 night vacation a few months before we are getting married. A few days before check in I called and spoke to a manager at the front desk and explained that my flight would be getting in at 3am on the 17th of July. They told me that they were going to note the account and my ocean view king room was all set and the reservation was confirmed. A reservation that I made 4 months prior. Upon arriving at the hotel at 3am on the 17th I was told that there was a problem and out reservation was cancelled due to our Amex being declined. I found this strange since we spend a lot on the Amex every month and if I charge is declined or there is an issue we get an alert. They told us they only had a room in the villas and would fix the issue in the morning. When we got to the room it stunk from mildew and the air conditioning did not work. The room was filthy. We had no choice but to stay in the room because it was so late. We did not even shower or get ready in that room because it was so bad. Fast forward to later in the morning we were switched to a room in the honors tower. We walked into that room and it was even dirtier than the last room. The door to the ventilation was wide open and you could see that the filter hadn't been changed in years and it was a horrible sight. We complained and this time I spoke to Nelson the general manager. He said he would give us 50% off the first night and a $50 credit for the aggravation and would change us to a room in the renovated side of the hotel. The room was nice except for that fact that when the renovated they drastically reduced the size and the quality of the bathroom. At any rate we took the room because it was the best option available. Everywhere you go in this place the service is bad. The hotel is filthy and nothing is maintained properly. It is unfortunate to see what was such a wonderful place in the past falling by the wayside. The worse part is nobody cares. Avoid this place at all costs.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Brian Z
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that our staff was not more attentive towards you and that they did not provide you the customer service you deserve. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us.

Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We just returned from Caribe Hilton In San Juan. This is NOT a family atmosphere. when we arrived Thursday 7/17 evening it was beautiful and Friday 7/18 was calm but Friday night the beer tents arrived and a Coors beer blast bikini contest ran all day Saturday 7/19. The rap music was so loud that there was no place to go to escape the dirty lyrics. My 28 YO daughter was so angry she explained that these songs would have been censored on the radio and the music was mixed by some DJ. We left the resort and when we returned after dinner Saturday night you could really smell the pot and the participants were staggering on the beach.I wish we had been told when we arrived on Thursday night that this event was going to occur. I really felt my time was ruined. The rooms were clean and I am a HIlton Honors member but this was outright wrong to impose this event on all of the other guests.

2  Thank Kate B

thank you for choosing our hotel and please accept our apologies for all the inconveniences we have caused you. We certainly understand your discomfort.

Again thank you and we sincerely hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were upgraded no charge to a suite just by asking a manager upon arrival. The room was clean, staff was friendly, and the grounds are breathtaking. They have their own private beach and a great pool. Close to downtown and the concierge was wonderful in directing us to non-tourist locations for food. The hotel food wasn't spectacular but good enough if you want a quick bite. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly F
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The view was amazing, the Hotel was perfectly placed near historic old San Juan. The private beach and cabanas were wonderful. However, The room was poorly designed. the mini-fridge was in the way of the bed. the A/C didn't work properly. The hot tub wasn't hot, and it closed at 9PM.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Nelson T, Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Hello there, thank you for choosing us for your recent stay and for your feedback. We are sorry that you left us which such dissappointment. As Hoteliers, it is our commitment to make each and every guest feel special. We are sorry we were not able to do this for you.

We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you.