“Convenient hotel”

Caribe Hilton San Juan
Ranked #19 of 48 Hotels in San Juan
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a 4 night stay here last September for my boyfriend's 30th birthday. After check in, we got sent up to a room where our keys didn't work. We went back to the check in desk & got this fixed, but when we finally got in we realized we were in a noisy room next to the big A/C units outside (obviously not a pleasant view either from the balcony). We called downstairs & asked if we could switch rooms. They gave us two options (one was exactly the same and other was better...no loud A/C noise!) Aside from this, the staff downstairs... valet, security guard, & bellman were always very helpful and attentive. Lines to the concierge & main desk were always too packed, but these guys would always answer all our questions well. The pool area is very nice. Best part I'd say is the pool & the location of the hotel... you're close to practically everything! Only other issue I had in the room was that the blow dryer didn't work... I called and asked for another one and when the lady came she tried to tell us it should work fine. She tried and saw it didn't, but she had a bit of an attitude about it. After all, it's a nice, convenient hotel. Not exactly what I expected, but I'm guessing maybe when I went it just wasn't properly staffed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the loud outdoor A/C unit noise!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiara M
Write a ReviewReviews (7,214)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Caribe Hilton has a prime location just beside the wonderful Condado Beach area and a short walk from wonderful parks, and a beautiful scenic 1 mile or so walk down to the Old San Juan and Area.

The resort sits on the ocean with beautiful views of the water, Condado the Fort from the higher views. WIth it's own private lagoon you can swim and play in the water or simply relax on the beach or poolside with an excellent view.

The renovated rooms are very nice and spacious with excellent views all around. The garden is superb, but the from the "garden villa" categories leaves much to be desired. There is plenty of restaurants, a beautiful open air lobby and a nice, quiet spa for your use.

This is a perfect location for a wedding party, family vacation or just a business stay. The property is excellent for pre or post cruise stays as it's location is quite central. Walking distance to the restaurants of Condado, and a short 10 min cab to the airport or 5 minutes to Old San Juan. You won't go wrong with a stay here!

Room Tip: stay away from the garden rooms, and remember the higher you go the better the views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

My fiance, myself and my seven year old son traveled here in March 2014. The best part of our trip was our travels to old San Juan. The Food at the Hilton is very expensive. Not much activity for kids. The sand on beach is dirty as well as too much seaweed. We walked most nights to condado area or took cab/bus to old San juan. Definitely not the place to travel with children. Nor would I travel back with my fiance or friends.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ksegg
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Checked in for the very first time...last visited 1974! Okay, it has grown and expanded but it is out of control! It's huge and crowded and not properly staffed. Disappointment at finding my bathroom had been overlooked in the turnover after the check-in line took forever. There were lines everywhere...for food, for drink, for towels. The only calming effect was the spa building. The food is pedestrian and the breakfast restaurant cannot possibly handle all of the hotel guests. Luckily the most efficient thing about the hotel was the taxi line to escape! On the plus side, wifi is free.

Room Tip: Try the newest tower.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank katie528
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We loved staying at this hotel. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They have a beautiful private beach and its location is very convenient since it is a bus ride to Old San Juan and walking distance from Condado area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Anila S
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I, sister and brother-in-law and my mother traveled to San Juan to attend my nephew's destination wedding. We decided to stay at the Caribe Hilton instead of the hotel where the wedding was being held because my husband and I had stayed there before on a post cruise vacation.

The open air lobby and reception area was so beautiful. When checking in, we had the good fortune to have Albert Caleb as our receptionist. My husband and I are Hilton Honors members, so I asked if we all could be upgraded to the main building with continental breakfasts. After speaking with his supervisor, we were all upgraded and on our way to beautiful rooms with balconies overlooking the water. The rooms were spacious, clean and the beds were so comfortable. Housekeeping did a great job every day keeping everything clean and well stocked.

We opted to have breakfast each morning in Los Palmeros restaurant. With our vouchers, the buffet breakfast was only $10. instead of $23.75. We all thought this was a great deal and our waiters Ricardo and Jorge were always making sure we had everything we needed.

The grounds at the Caribe Hilton are beautiful. We took a tour around the property enjoying the ocean, the pool, and the tropical garden with a koi pond. Peacocks, turkeys, swans were walking around enjoying themselves in this beautiful spot.

Tropical storm Bertha paid us a visit on the day of the wedding. Not a bad storm, but very rainy. After the wedding we came back to the hotel and went to the Oasis Lounge. Our server, Luis, was the best! The music was too loud to have a conversation, so I asked Luis if we could sit outside. Off he went to wipe off the tables and chairs for us. It was a beautiful evening with a nice breeze and we could talk to each other about the wedding. I can't say enough about Luis. Great service and attention. He reserved a table for us in the lounge one night so we could watch the Red Sox/Yankees game and set up an outside table for us on another night that the music was so loud.(I must be getting old.)

We spent most of our 6 days at the hotel. We did take the bus into Old San Juan ($.75) one day. The bus dropped us off right at the trolley stop. The open air trolley was the perfect way to see Old Town. At the hotel we swam in the ocean and the pool and enjoyed the Atlantica pool bar and restaurant. Arlene and Ephraim we great servers, friendly and helpful. Ephraim gave us suggestions on where to eat outside the hotel to experience Puerto Rican food.

We all had a wonderful time and hope to go back again. My only complaint is the loud music in the Oasis Lounge.

The staff at the Caribe are top notch. They made our visit very special.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the main building
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I just got back from a relaxing vacation in San Juan! This is the second time we stayed at Caribe Hilton (the first was in 2010), and again we were thrilled. The room was spectacular with a great view and balcony. The pillows are a tad uncomfortable, but other than that the room was great! The pool and the beach are beautiful, however, the main pool is a bit crowded and there are tones of kids so if you want a little down time and peace and quiet try the pool next to the villas. The food is decent but extremely overpriced, especially at the pool bar. The Piña Colada club was by far our favorite. We actually were there three times over our 5 days! I would absolutely recommend this hotel and hopefully we will be back!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple