This resort was a little disappointing for me. After a long day of flights and little sleep, I was actually so upset when I saw the room that I started crying. I booked the "Junior Suite," which is a gorgeous room but I was given a "1 Bedroom Suite," which I believe is a cheaper room. I felt really cheated when I discovered that the room looked nothing like the one I had booked. I've stayed in a lot of hotels and this was, by far, the dirtiest room I've seen. There was dust on every surface, the area rug was stained and poorly vacuumed and the tile floors needed mopping. The shower grout and the silicone seal around the glass door were quite moldy and the glass was cloudy and frosty looking from the soap scum buildup. Some of the surfaces in the bathroom and the bedroom looked streaky and cloudy as if they had been cleaned with a dirty rag. I actually cleaned the room myself that first day and that made it feel a little better. The first time the bedding was changed, however, the fresh bedding smelled so weird I had to ask the staff to change them again. The towels had a similar smell that day.
The rest of the resort is also in need of cleaning but the natural beauty was a great distraction from that. The ocean, pool and courtyard/sanctuary were stunning. There is a small pool near the villas that isn't usually crowded but the main pool is severely overcrowded and filled mostly with unsupervised children. The wildlife sanctuary has a turkey, chicken, ducks, geese, swans and peacocks and may be the best part of the resort.
The restaurants in the resort was quite overpriced. I tried Morton's The Steakhouse and wasn't impressed by the service. The waiter was not friendly and the service was really slow. I went for the dessert but when my salad took so long to arrive, I opted to end it there and go to Starbucks for dessert instead. I heard Morton's has some killer chocolate cake but I didn't have the patience to wait for it.
The location of the resort is very convenient and makes it easy to walk around town without paying for a taxi or renting a car. Overall, I would recommend this resort because it appears to be one of the best in the area, which is busy and crowded but don't set your expectations too high and don't stay here if you want a really nice room. This is not a resort that I would describe as "luxury," but it has a fun atmosphere and gorgeous natural surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic and iconic Caribe Hilton offers an ideal combination of leisure facilities and activities and is home to Caribar, the birthplace of the pina colada. The resort is situated on a private 17-acre lushly landscaped peninsula with a secluded beach and is located near the Old San Juan historic district and many of the destination's top attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Caribe Hilton San Juan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Hilton San Juan Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel San Juan
- Hilton Hotel Caribe
- Hilton San Juan
- San Juan Caribe Hilton Hotel