“Great private beach”

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Great private beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

We can't wait to go back to this hotel! The pool and private beach were amazing! Staff was friendly and we never experienced any problems. We stayed in the main hotel, but there are rooms across the street, not sure if I'd like it as much if I were staying there. Many food choices!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
Juniordelarosa, HHonors Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 4 November 2009
Thank you so very much for filling your review in trip advisor, I am glad to learn that the tradition is being kept at the Caribe Hilton and that you found it as interesting and accommodating as before, our commitment is to deliver a legendary service and your comments let me know that we are pleasing our guests above and beyond. Thank you so very much for your comments. Blade De La Rosa. HHonors Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,528)
  • Polish first
richmond va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

Considering my in-laws stayed at the Carribe Hilton for their Honeymoon 30 years ago, continuing a tradition was a must. Upon arriving, we were informed that our room was upgraded to a suite. To this day, I don't know if my in-laws did that or it was the genorisity of the hotel due our honeymoon visit. Despite that, the room and reviews were specatacular as was the Asian restaurant. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing your comments to trip advisor, our commitment is to guarantee our guest a hassle free stay and continue delivering the promise our founder Mr. Conrad Hilton made to the world, fill the world with the light and warm of hospitality, we are glad you like the suite and the view, we are looking forward to continue with our service tradition and legendary service. Once again thank you so very much for your valuable comments, I will share it with all team members and they will be very happy. Blade De La Rosa, HHonors Manager.
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2009

The Caribe Hilton offers everything you could ask for in a Caribbean beach vacation resort. The room was comfortable and nicely decorated - not luxurious, but certainly nice enough. The food was plentiful, and service, for the most part, was very attentive and pleasant. The best part of the hotel, by far, are the amenities - the pool/beach area is FABULOUS! It's huge, and you can easily choose a different area to sit in each day of the week - be it at the large pool with many levels, the circular sun deck (definitely the spot to see-and-be-seen), or the long, sandy beach. The landscaping is gorgeous, and it really feels like a lush, tropical destination. The rock-climbing, inflatable "igloo" in the water provided tons of fun for adults and kids alike. I especially loved the parrots in the lobby - my husband had to pull me away from them each time we walked through the open-air lobby. The location is really well situated - a short walk to Condado, or a 10-minute taxi ride to Old San Juan. It couldn't have been more convenient for everything we wanted to see and do. We really had a fabulous time and have no complaints about this hotel!

• Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
Nitzamarie-Escalera, Hhonors Coordinator at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 27 October 2009
Thank you, for your wonderful review about our hotel, we really appreciate that you took some of your valuable time to share your experience with us. I’m glad that you had a pleasant stay with us. This is a great motivation for our staff to continue delivering great service. Thank you again for your comments.
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2009

We very much enjoyed our stay here last weekend. I particuarly want to compliment the staff. At check-in we were offered an upgrade to an ocean view room for $25/night which we decline. After arriving in our room we realized we'd gotten the upgrade anyway. It was a gorgeous room and a nice gesture, as the hotel wasn't anywhere near full in the off season. The really impressive part came after we'd checked out of the hotel and continued on the Viesquez only to realize we'd left our passports, money, and jewelry in the Hilton room safe. I frantically called security. They were very quick to check the room and return my call. I returned to the Hilton 24 hours later to retrieve my things and found the security staff was again very pleasant and quick at returning my valuables, including all the cash. I really appreciated their professionalism and honesty.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for writing your comments to trip advisor, our commitment is to guarantee our guest a hassle free stay and continue delivering the promise our founder Mr. Conrad Hilton made to the world, fill the world with the light and warm of hospitality, your comments make me realize that we are accomplishing our goals and delivering the service culture our guests are expecting. Once again thank you so very much for your valuable comments, I will share it with all team members and they will be very happy. Blade De La Rosa, HHonors Manager.
Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

After reading so many negative reviews I just had to set the record straight. We just arrived home last night from our first vacation to Puerto Rico with a 4 night stay at the Caribe Hilton. It was absolutely wonderful! Our large room in the older part of the hotel was updated, very clean and comfortable with a view of the Ocean, Lagoon , Small Fort, along with a private sitting area on our balcony. Everyone went out of their way to be helpful and friendly unlike what you read. The beach area is very large and private with many palm trees surrounding the pools, lagoon along with hammocks right next to the water.

I've never been to a hotel where you could snorkel right at your own beach and see so many wonderful schools of fish, sea horses, and sea life. We met several people who have been to this hotel many times because of the beauty and location. Please overlook all those reviews where people complain about everything under the sun. Are the drinks expensive, yes but you are on a resort and other hotels in the area also charged alot of money for food and drinks. The Pina Colada was great! Please treat yourself and forget those who find a reason to complain if everything isn't just perfect.

Glen and Paula
P.S. Amy if you read this thanks for all your advice on this great hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Juniordelarosa, HHonors Manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 22 October 2009
Thank you so very much for such a wonderful comments, our commitment is to continue delivering the promise our founder, Mr. Conrad Hilton made to our guests, fill the world with the light and warm of hospitality, comments like your contribute to our employees motivation and encourage them to continue delivering the customer service our guests deserve, I will share your comments with our team members to create awareness and to emphasize the importance of making the difference in the hospitality industry. Looking forward to serve you in the near future. Blade De La Rosa, HHonors Manager.
Dagsboro, De
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2009

From the moment we arrived the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The hotel lobby, rooms and lagoon & pool areas were spectacular and amazing. The food and drinks were so good and refreshing. Every staff member were great and offered the best places and sites too see. It has been over 15 years since I had been on vacation, I could not get over the breathtaking views and how everyone was so friendly. There was nothing I could ask for that the staff did not deliver. It was so much fun walking from hotel to downtown Old San Juan to visit the sites and enjoy the culture. The staff reccomends to take taxis but if you enjoy walking about 20 to 30 minutes its worth it.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your kind comments regarding our property and our staff, this kind of comments make us very happy and show us that people appreciate our effort to deliver the best service in hospitality, I will share your comments with our team members to encourage them to continue delivering the exceptional service describe in your comments. Thank you so very much for sharing the joy with us and other possible guests. Blade De La Rosa, HHonors Manager.
Virgin Islands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2009

I was lucky enough not to have had the misfortune to stay at the Carib Hilton Hotel. I went to the web site and it was promoting stay 4 nights and two nights were free. July 20 til Dec sometime. So I called the hotel direct, and they were sorry but even though they were advertising this special you were not able to book the special. I asked to speak to the manager, Ivan Ayala and he told me he would honor the web site. We discussed the "room type" I had selected and he said it would be honored. He told me to just put it in writing. So I did.

I asked Mr. Ayala if he had taken this off the web site ( it was very disturbing to "think" you're getting a deal only to find out it had expired). He said he had. I went to the web site and that was a lie.

I made my flight arrangements and the next day received a reservation for 1 person in a smoking room at full price. When asked why the "special" was not included, Mr. Ayala said he thought I had rejected the stay 4 nights and pay for 2 and opted for another "special". Really!

At 10pm I finally spoke with another manager. By this time, they had posted a small sentence saying the stay 4 nights pay for 2 was not available for the room options. So, they would not honor the web site from two days ago.

Listen, does anyone there care how upsetting this is? That would be NO. They make a mistake and then take it out on the customer. So, now I go to bed, with no hotel plans but non refundable plane tickets. Tomorrow is my birthday and next week is my anniversary. It was suppose to be fun. And what I received from the Hilton was a nightmare.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
Juniordelarosa, HHonors manager at Caribe Hilton San Juan, responded to this review, 19 October 2009
Thank you for posting your comments in trip advisor, I would like to apologize for the misunderstanding with the packages posted in the web site, special promotions are for limited time and subject to hotel availability and as was explained, the summer promotion was expired, the actual promotion is the fall promotion, however the hotel was willing to honor you the promotion due to the misunderstanding, our commitment is to continue delivering the promise our founder Mr. Conrad Hilton made to the world “fill the world with the light and warm of hospitality”, and our team members are fully trained to make your experience unforgettable and unique. On behalf of our management team please accept our most sincere apologies for the unfortunate inconvenience experience while trying to make your reservation.
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Juan
#6 of 13 in Isla Verde
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,114 reviews
San Juan Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
La Concha Renaissance San Juan Resort

Been to Caribe Hilton San Juan? Share your experiences!